1. What is your budget?
850 Max although closer to 750 would be nice
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Prefer for it to be 15+
3. What screen resolution do you want?
I don't think this needs to be a priority for me.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
It will mainly be my main computer and used as a desktop replacement. I will travel with it occasionally though.
5. How much battery life do you need?
More is better obviously but not a main priority.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I will play SC2 on it frequently but not too concerned with other games. Settings as high as possible, at least medium hopefully.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Nothing too special. Just general internet surfing with some movie watching.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Don't really store movies or songs on my computer so think I can skimp here.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I am fine with anything. Mainly have been looking at newegg but where ever the best value lies.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2+ but longer is better.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD is fine. Already have blu-ray player.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have been looking at ASUS mainly but would be fine with anything
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I think that is everything but i will monitor the thread and provide additional info if it will help.
Acer Aspire AS7551G-5056 17.3" ATI HD 5650 [$749.99]
Toshiba Satellite A665D-S6059 16" ATI HD 5650 [$799.99]
Acer Aspire TimelineX AS4820TG-5637 14" ATI HD 5650 [$799.99]
HP Pavilion dv7-4060us 17", ATI HD 5650 [$829.00]
Toshiba Satellite A665-S6057 16" GT330M [$829.99]
May this site help you to find more choices : http://www.squidoo.com/best-gaming-laptop-1000-dollars
I can tell that the graphics cards on the ones you guy have listed are better. Are the ones in these computers just not enough? And do they make up for the sacrifices in other components make up for it since I will be using it for everyday use and more than just gaming?