Replacing HDD in Inspiron 8200

I have a replacement HDD, not bought from Dell, which I need to install in
an Inspiron 8200. I have been unable to find step-by-step instructions for
this Dell model. I think it is probably just two screws on the laptop
underside, but I need to know *which* screws.

This is not my laptop, so I don't have any documentation.

Thanks for any info.

-- Jay
4 answers Last reply
More about replacing inspiron 8200

    http://docs.euro.dell.com/docs/systems/ins8200/en/1H018bk3.pdf

    "Jay Bollyn" <jbollyn@neiu.edu> wrote in message
    > I have a replacement HDD, not bought from Dell, which I need to
    install in
    > an Inspiron 8200. I have been unable to find step-by-step
    instructions for
    > this Dell model. I think it is probably just two screws on the
    laptop
    > underside, but I need to know *which* screws.
    >
    > This is not my laptop, so I don't have any documentation.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.
    >
    > -- Jay

    "Jay Bollyn" <jbollyn@neiu.edu> wrote in message
    >I have a replacement HDD, not bought from Dell, which I need to install in
    >an Inspiron 8200. I have been unable to find step-by-step instructions for
    >this Dell model. I think it is probably just two screws on the laptop
    >underside, but I need to know *which* screws.
    > This is not my laptop, so I don't have any documentation.
    > Thanks for any info.
    > -- Jay
    Thanks both, I am formatting the drive now.

    "Jay Bollyn" <jbollyn@neiu.edu> wrote in message
    | I have a replacement HDD, not bought from Dell, which I need to install in
    | an Inspiron 8200. I have been unable to find step-by-step instructions for
    | this Dell model. I think it is probably just two screws on the laptop
    | underside, but I need to know *which* screws.
    |
    | This is not my laptop, so I don't have any documentation.
    |
    | Thanks for any info.
    |
    | -- Jay

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.