Hillside Game Sales/Sandy Markowitz

Before everyone jumps down my throat, I've googled the names. I read a bunch
of, "I got e-mails from him, he's an importer" or "he he has a blazing hot
warehouse", but I'm looking for someone who's bought a game from him, or
someone who was thinking of buying, but the games were so bad you decided not to. Anyone willing to give a testimonial?

Oh, if you can't tell, I got one of his broadcast mails ;)

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Hardy wrote:
> Before everyone jumps down my throat, I've googled the names. I read a bunch
> of, "I got e-mails from him, he's an importer" or "he he has a blazing hot
> warehouse", but I'm looking for someone who's bought a game from him, or
> someone who was thinking of buying, but the games were so bad you decided not to. Anyone willing to give a testimonial?
>
> Oh, if you can't tell, I got one of his broadcast mails ;)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Chris,
If you're looking for a game for your personal collection and want to
invest cash into it, it may not be bad buying some stuff. But, if
you're looking to resell the machine, don't bother. Prices are too high
and the amount of work needed to make the machine run will outweigh
your efforts. To be honest, some machines are higher than ebay prices
for working games.

John

Pins are in poor condition and need alot of shopping, he had a few
T.Z's last year that he wanted $2200 for and they were really beat up
and I mean beat, the front of the cabinets below the coin doors were
missing and P.F's were beyond repair. He is an importer that has a few
guys working in the back and they unload the pins and will test them
for you. I did buy a few pins from him that were in fair shape and paid
a "fair" price for them, and other times I did go there and decided not
to buy any pins because the container had nothing but garbage in it.
Hit or miss is the way I would describe the pins, and Sandy provides a
service to a few of the E Bay guys who just want to make a quick $
selling a P.O.S machine after they wash off the years or dirt from
sitting in a filthy French Whore House. I myself would not waste a day
traveling 3 hours one way, to go there again. Buyer beware, you will
get what you pay for, and yes the warehouse is blazing hot, and located
in a seedy area, so bring a buddy or your gun.

Lets cut to the chase with this post. DO NOT deal with this guy unless
you want to get F'd. Do not even go near this place in Hillside, N.J
and if you happen to get lost and Sandy wants to "help" you, just
remember: RUN, don't walk to the nearest exit.
I know someone will be posting next year about how they got F'd by this
guy, so here is you warning, and don't give in to GREEEEEEED.

Sandy like us imports , sandy isn't a bad guy ,you can deal with him if
you have cash, sandy has moved to a new place ,if close go check him
out ,no one holds a gun to your head to buy, If you don't find anything
..we will be holding a auction soon in yardville nj
Steve

Sandy is a re-import seller and makes a living doing this, is there
something wrong with this?? Go and look at what he has to offer, and if
you don't like what you see, walk or run away. Maybe Sandy has
something you want to buy or the machine is so hammered you can buy it
for the parts you need (boards, back glass, playfield, etc.). I have
purchased a machine from him (price was a little high but not out of
the world) and he was a decent guy to deal with. Sandy had a shipment
of DMD pins that were really beat up and would take major work and $$$
to get working, along with a few decent pins that needed some work that
he was selling at mid to high prices. I suggest if you don't mind
shopping out a dirty machine that needs alot of work then, go check the
warehouse out, you MAY like what you see. Thats my story and I give him
credit for going out on a limb to import a container of pins from
Bumfuk that he knows nothing about and HOPES he can make some money
from it. I am positive if anyone buys a pin or two from him and wants
to clean it up and sell it on Flea Bay they plan and hope to make the
most $$$ on the resale of the machine, this is what makes America
great. Read the posts and make up your mind, if you want to deal with
Sandy. If this guy is such a bad guy to deal with, he would not still
be in business, especially in the NJ/NY area. (tough crowd)

Sandy has been in this bussiness more years than most of us are old!!
He can be trusted and will make things right. He is not going
anywhere!!