dmoti

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2005
Did anybody succeded in playing a DVD with Asus Terminator 2? this one is with VIA C3 Samuel2 running at 800Mhz, is it possible at all to do?

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
From what I heard, it ought to be possible, even if barely. But I dont have any experience myself. If you have such a system, why not just try and let us know ?

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

dmoti

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2005
well, I did try with PowerDVD v6 and it was a very bad experience, I'm not sure where is the bottle neck, is it the cpu? ide/dvd interface? memory?
any idea of how I should know?

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Im guessing the C3 isnt fast enough to do DVD decoding purely in software but it should work with hardware assisted MPEG decoding. That requires a videocard (or dedicated mpeg2 card) that does just that (about any post Geforce card I think), and a software player to take advantage of that.

What videocard do you have ? Try changing the settings in PowerDVD to enable hardware assisted mpeg2, see if that helps, or another DVD player (one that came with the system ?)

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The CPU is weaker in some applications than a K6-III 450.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

xall

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
I heard <A HREF="http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=400214" target="_new">a guy</A> have the same hardware as yours and he doing his video stuff pretty good.

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or have too many <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_new">folding</A> rigs.

XP2600m@2524, NF7-S, SLK900