Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba recovery not working

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
September 30, 2010 4:36:59 PM

Hello,I have a Toshiba Satellite that has stopped working, following a period of going slow. Have tried the safe start up but appears to be caught in a loop always finishing with 'press ok to turn off' I have a recovery disc but it won't recognise it. Any ideas?

More about : toshiba recovery working

a b D Laptop
October 1, 2010 7:45:36 AM

How are you trying to access the recovery disc? Have you tried booting directly from it? If that is a no go, try turning the laptop off, hold down 0 (zero) and then turning it on. This should take you to a screen where you can access the recovery partition that will restore it back to factory settings.
m
l
October 8, 2010 8:24:02 PM

buwish said:
How are you trying to access the recovery disc? Have you tried booting directly from it? If that is a no go, try turning the laptop off, hold down 0 (zero) and then turning it on. This should take you to a screen where you can access the recovery partition that will restore it back to factory settings.

Could not even get that far. Eventually managed to access safe mode, but actually got the BSoD ! Thankfully under extended guarantee so they can take care of it now. will need to wait 3 weeks but think I might actually get a new lap top out of it. Thanks.
m
l
!