Sign in with
Your question

Intel biased forum??

Last response: in CPUs
July 19, 2005 10:17:09 PM

Alright... I want to know where I can go to find a forum that is Intel biased. We always get into these AMD vs. Intel debates and it always ends up with one or two people calling everyone else on this forum an AMD fanboy. So... I want someone to tell me which forum I could sit in on for a bit to hear the other side of the story. Is there a forum out there where I will be in the minority when supporting AMD CPUs? If there is, I would like to go check it out, so let me know where it is.

More about : intel biased forum

July 19, 2005 10:29:12 PM

I remember an Intel fan boy on here called PeteRoy (or something like that) who started his own forum called Intel-reviews (again...I think it was something like that)

If it is still up and running, I'm sure you'd find a very Intel bias forum there.

On second thoughs - do Intel themselves have a fourm? :evil: 

July 19, 2005 10:30:02 PM

Quote:
Xtremesystems is a neutral forum i.e. biased in both sides.

A.K.A Not bias? :lol: 

July 19, 2005 10:50:18 PM

But if you take away fugger it will be an AMD forum right? :smile:

<b><font color=blue>If you try to please everybody, nobody will like you<font color=blue></b>
July 19, 2005 11:15:29 PM

I have read quite a bit of Xtremesystems and I have found them to be rather pro-AMD as well, when suggesting what to build for gamers. It is odd, because many of them have Intel rigs themselves, but suggest AMD systems. Most of the guys going for mad OCing have Intel rigs.
July 19, 2005 11:53:10 PM

Most forums will be AMD 'bias' due to the fact AMD make the better CPU.

July 20, 2005 12:55:33 AM

the thing is, most people who uses a computer forum regularly are people who are well informed about computers, because they loves or their job forces them to be very informed about computers, on the other hand if you go ask someone from different places then they migh not even know about AMD at all.....

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheHolyLancer on 07/19/05 10:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
July 20, 2005 6:17:17 AM

AMD already got all the people that know about computers...
the other 80%? is intel because theyre the popular brand and dont know theyre getting ripped.
July 20, 2005 7:08:33 AM

You wont find too many pro-intel sites, or intel inside(idiot outside) fanboys. Nobody likes being laughed at.
July 20, 2005 7:47:38 AM

>I have read quite a bit of Xtremesystems and I have found
>them to be rather pro-AMD as well, when suggesting what to
>build for gamers.

Well doh.. maybe that proves they are not completely braindead ? Why would you want a forum full of braindeads ?

>Most of the guys going for mad OCing have Intel rigs

From what Ive seen, its really a 50/50 mix. Quite a lot of them will actually own both. But again I dont see that as a sign of bias, a few years ago they "all" ran intel rigs for the simple reason those where the best performing and certainly best overclocking systems on the market. Market reality has changed, and so has ownership on that forum.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
July 20, 2005 9:45:20 AM

Quote:
But if you take away fugger it will be an AMD forum right?

FUGGER also picks moderators for the site, so maybe he appreciates some qualities more than others.. :wink:

<font color=red>"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein</font color=red>
July 20, 2005 10:51:20 AM

Oh my. The moderate fugger a moderator on some forum? What forum is that?
I'd like to visit that forum.
Really!
July 20, 2005 10:59:20 AM

Quote:
The moderate fugger a moderator on some forum? What forum is that?

He is site owner.

It's <A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.com/index.php" target="_new">Xtremesystems</A>

<A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/" target="_new">Xtremesystems forum</A>

<font color=red>"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
July 20, 2005 2:00:26 PM

I think this thread will interest you:

<A HREF="http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=395171&page=1&..." target="_new">How many of you have gone from AMD to Intel because.... </A>

But no, it isn't an intel biased forum/threads.

---
thx for fixing the link hans... :-)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xall on 07/20/05 10:13 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
July 20, 2005 3:06:23 PM

Wow, that is an intel dominated thread.
July 20, 2005 3:07:35 PM

I've only had one Intel system but my A64 are far more stable than that P4. I only OCd the AMD one and it was stable.

<b><font color=blue>If you try to please everybody, nobody will like you<font color=blue></b>
July 20, 2005 3:16:13 PM

it was posted in intel section ofcourse :)  an apropriate place

but their reason seems logical (some of them), and is oposite to dunklegend condition (intel more stable than amd).

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or have too many <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_new">folding</A> rigs.

XP2600m@2524, NF7-S, SLK900
July 20, 2005 3:54:00 PM

To be fair with Intel. My only Intel rig was a Sony VAIO so maybe by being an OEM system it had less quality components than my AMD one that I built from scratch.

July 20, 2005 6:02:17 PM

Quote:

but their reason seems logical (some of them), and is oposite to dunklegend condition (intel more stable than amd).

You register to different forums just to lie for Intel ?

July 20, 2005 9:40:05 PM

There's a guy in that thread who says he puts overclocked AMD systems out 'in the field', including the 'medical communities'.

Who would do that? I don't think they'd notice the difference, so why not go for guaranteed long-term stability, and put as little stress on the components as possible? Idiot.

A lot of Pro-Intel stuff there for sure. I'm happy with my A64 rig myself :smile:

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."
July 20, 2005 9:55:05 PM

Why would anybody would want an OCd rig in a hospital?
A crash in the medical field can endanger lives.

July 20, 2005 10:00:51 PM

But think about how fast they could monitor them all dying on the OCed rigs.
July 20, 2005 10:06:52 PM

Exactly.

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."
July 20, 2005 10:10:45 PM

Yeah but then the doctors will want to operate carelessly to quickly get back to their gaming session.

July 20, 2005 10:14:14 PM

That's true... I can't tell you how many times I'm in an intense SC battle with some emerg doc and I have to cap someone to get him distracted. Happens all the time.
July 20, 2005 10:15:23 PM

I have heard that Intel cpus are generally more durable and last longer than AMDs. Of course, the posts at that Intel lover forum seem to say this also. So, is this true or not? I am not biased either way, but obviously AMD has the market for performance right now.
July 20, 2005 10:19:59 PM

If you are a gamer go with AMD... my AMD rigs have always lasted me till I thought they were outdated. No hardcore gamers will suggest Intel right now. If you are video encoding or are looking for a value dual core then I might change my tune, but for now... AMD fanboy still.
July 20, 2005 11:43:23 PM

Quote:
For [-peep-] sakes when has Intel ever beaten AMD since the release of AhtlonXP and P4s in terms of performance/$?

The P4c 2.4ghz comes to mind.
July 21, 2005 5:23:17 AM

Huh? Why you said so? I didn't lie for intel. I've been here and there for a very long time though.

Quote:
You register to different forums just to lie for Intel ?

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or have too many <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_new">folding</A> rigs.

XP2600m@2524, NF7-S, SLK900
July 21, 2005 5:48:13 AM

Quote:
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or have too many folding rigs.

So, how many folding rigs do you have? What team do you fold for?
July 21, 2005 8:20:05 AM

I have 12 duron850 with ecs k7som in my netcafe, 2 p4 1.7g, 1 2600m axp and 1 duron1300mhz in my office and home.. Some folding for my country (# 1630) and the others are for #32. Have different name for different team, but i once have try fold for your team under name Yanz when my system is to unstable. If you search for user in your team with zero point that's me ;) 

Would like to try again folding for THGC but my country is now needed every cpu power it has, given that alot of my team folder are quit because the qmd wus problem...

XP2600m, NF7-S, SLK900
July 22, 2005 6:57:13 PM

Interesting thoughts. And almost no posts of "Intel is just the best. AMD sucks". I must say, actual reasons and logic behind posts on a message board, it's kind of a new thing to experience :Þ

A common thread on that board and something that I've heard a lot of is that people are very happy with Intel chips on Intel chipsets (and conversely, stay away from the nforce boards for Intel chips). I've personally had some interesting results comparing SiS vs Intel chipsets from the same mobo manufacturer (very different stability with all components the same).

My point is this - will AMD break into the chipset market with their new fab? Although their funny lawsuit and actions seem to indicate they want more market share in processors, providing matching chipsets is already helping Intel and probably could help AMD as well (Intel is barely able to keep up with chipset demand). Could the new AMD factory be a home for new processors, with the older fabs being used for chipset? AMD seems to have enough of a raw processor power/benchmark lead to back off there and focus more efforts on chipsets (resulting in still better performance and better stability, while increasing revenue). I really haven't seen any hints at this in articles, I wonder if this is even being considered. Nforce is great for AMD, but could AMD do better themselves? I would think so! It would certainly take the wind out of Intel's "We're a whole platform company...just buy everything from us, it's really easy" strategy. Thoughts?

I'm just your average habitual smiler =D
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 22, 2005 7:35:46 PM

As for AMD makign their own chipset I dont see it happening and others will probably states a few reason.
Altough you have to wonder, AMD is moving the PCIex on their CPU, chipset will become more and more harder to differentiate from one another, already the absence of memory controller is giving a big break to ULI(Ali use to have issues with memory controller)and chipset maker are trying to add more feature and find the right price range. So its not unconceivable that at one point it becomes a good idea for AMD to do their chipset but I seriously doubt it!

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0
July 23, 2005 12:53:15 AM

yeah, Right now AMD is just plain kicking ass. There's not many reasons for anyone to be pushing Intel except in off cases of either extreme value rigs, or other certain little niche systems. As for the up to date tech, AMD has been doing everything better and usually cheaper. (yeah they upped the $$/unit with some of the new cpu's, but you should know what I'm getting at)

Otherwise it's a matter of name recognition or the like. eg. "well, Dell only sells Intel so they have to be better",,, that kinda thing

<font color=blue> That Jesus Christ guy is getting some terrible lag... it took him 3 days to respawn! </font color=blue>
!