Intel biased forum??

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Alright... I want to know where I can go to find a forum that is Intel biased. We always get into these AMD vs. Intel debates and it always ends up with one or two people calling everyone else on this forum an AMD fanboy. So... I want someone to tell me which forum I could sit in on for a bit to hear the other side of the story. Is there a forum out there where I will be in the minority when supporting AMD CPUs? If there is, I would like to go check it out, so let me know where it is.

I remember an Intel fan boy on here called PeteRoy (or something like that) who started his own forum called Intel-reviews (again...I think it was something like that)

If it is still up and running, I'm sure you'd find a very Intel bias forum there.

On second thoughs - do Intel themselves have a fourm? :evil:

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
But if you take away fugger it will be an AMD forum right? :smile:

<b><font color=blue>If you try to please everybody, nobody will like you<font color=blue></b>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I have read quite a bit of Xtremesystems and I have found them to be rather pro-AMD as well, when suggesting what to build for gamers. It is odd, because many of them have Intel rigs themselves, but suggest AMD systems. Most of the guys going for mad OCing have Intel rigs.

Most forums will be AMD 'bias' due to the fact AMD make the better CPU.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
the thing is, most people who uses a computer forum regularly are people who are well informed about computers, because they loves or their job forces them to be very informed about computers, on the other hand if you go ask someone from different places then they migh not even know about AMD at all.....

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheHolyLancer on 07/19/05 10:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

liquidpaper007

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
AMD already got all the people that know about computers...
the other 80%? is intel because theyre the popular brand and dont know theyre getting ripped.

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
>I have read quite a bit of Xtremesystems and I have found
>them to be rather pro-AMD as well, when suggesting what to
>build for gamers.

Well doh.. maybe that proves they are not completely braindead ? Why would you want a forum full of braindeads ?

>Most of the guys going for mad OCing have Intel rigs

From what Ive seen, its really a 50/50 mix. Quite a lot of them will actually own both. But again I dont see that as a sign of bias, a few years ago they "all" ran intel rigs for the simple reason those where the best performing and certainly best overclocking systems on the market. Market reality has changed, and so has ownership on that forum.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

HansGruber

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2005
But if you take away fugger it will be an AMD forum right?
FUGGER also picks moderators for the site, so maybe he appreciates some qualities more than others.. :wink:

<font color=red>"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein</font color=red>

HansGruber

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2005
The moderate fugger a moderator on some forum? What forum is that?
He is site owner.

It's <A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.com/index.php" target="_new">Xtremesystems</A>

<A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/" target="_new">Xtremesystems forum</A>

<font color=red>"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

xall

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
I think this thread will interest you:

<A HREF="http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=395171&page=1&pp=50" target="_new">How many of you have gone from AMD to Intel because.... </A>

But no, it isn't an intel biased forum/threads.

---
thx for fixing the link hans... :)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xall on 07/20/05 10:13 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

HansGruber

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2005
<A HREF="http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=395171&page=1&pp=50" target="_new">Fixed link</A>

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I've only had one Intel system but my A64 are far more stable than that P4. I only OCd the AMD one and it was stable.

<b><font color=blue>If you try to please everybody, nobody will like you<font color=blue></b>

xall

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
it was posted in intel section ofcourse :) an apropriate place

but their reason seems logical (some of them), and is oposite to dunklegend condition (intel more stable than amd).

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or have too many <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_new">folding</A> rigs.

XP2600m@2524, NF7-S, SLK900

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
To be fair with Intel. My only Intel rig was a Sony VAIO so maybe by being an OEM system it had less quality components than my AMD one that I built from scratch.

HansGruber

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2005
but their reason seems logical (some of them), and is oposite to dunklegend condition (intel more stable than amd).
You register to different forums just to lie for Intel ?

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
There's a guy in that thread who says he puts overclocked AMD systems out 'in the field', including the 'medical communities'.

Who would do that? I don't think they'd notice the difference, so why not go for guaranteed long-term stability, and put as little stress on the components as possible? Idiot.

A lot of Pro-Intel stuff there for sure. I'm happy with my A64 rig myself :smile:

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Why would anybody would want an OCd rig in a hospital?
A crash in the medical field can endanger lives.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Yeah but then the doctors will want to operate carelessly to quickly get back to their gaming session.