Federation Flags to be flown at half mast!

RichPLS

Champion
Scotty died today.

RIP James Doohan 1920 - 2005

"Beam me up Scotty. There is no intelligent life down here"

Gonna miss Scotty.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Bummer. :( He must have made the mistake of putting on a red shirt.

:evil: یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ @ 193K :evil:
Pleased to meet you. Hope you guessed my name.
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Actually, it should be an interesting study to see how many people here at THGC understand that reference. How many of us are that much of a Trekkie geek? :O

:evil: یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ @ 193K :evil:
Pleased to meet you. Hope you guessed my name.
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
lol..... i though the red shirt is the captain's colour? or is it one of em eposidos? well hats off to him.

on a side note is he gona get buried in space like gene rodenberry is?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheHolyLancer on 07/20/05 03:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Create a Poll and put a link in the CPU forum.

Nope on the color reference - James T. Kirk wore a yellow/tan colored shirt.

RichPLS

Champion
New characters wear red shirts, a subtle clue to trekies that they will be the one that is gonna take it for the team.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Actually, red was the color for the security detail for the away teams. Inevitably, they were the ones who found the danger first...

Get the hellouttathisthread!

endyen

Splendid
You forgot to set phasers to kill. He's already stunned.
On a more serious note, Mr Doohan, if you can read this, thankyou very much for the hours of entertainment you gave us.

Photon...photon torpedoes...sheesh! Kids these days - they know nothing about history!

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
RIP Scotty! He was my favorate charector.

<font color=red>"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"</font color=red>

"<font color=blue> Wusy</font color=blue> <-Professional sheep banger"

Blackhawk3D

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
I've only watched a few of the old star trek movies, but I know who scottie is, thanks to Jim Carey and "I Can't do it captain! I just don't 'ave the power!" I can't remember which movie he said that in but also "Beam me up scottie" is a term many people know. Of course, I wouldn't have know that he died except for it was on my homepage, so I guess I'm not that good.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh yeh! That entire series was kind of dull but lead up to a great finalle!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>