Can this Dell P600 mhz desktop be upgraded?

Frined has the above and it is a bi slow these days. Not sure what
socket it takes nor max speed. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Post the model number for help.

"Joe Donaldson" <tryitoz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Frined has the above and it is a bi slow these days. Not sure what
> socket it takes nor max speed. Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Joe

Sorry did not have it at the time. Dell Dimension XPS 600 (600T).

Thanks
Joe

"Pen" <pen34usnospam@hotmailnospam.com> wrote in message news:<9vWdnTTVPZieFWDdRVn-hQ@adelphia.com>...
> Post the model number for help.
>
> "Joe Donaldson" <tryitoz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Frined has the above and it is a bi slow these days. Not sure what
> > socket it takes nor max speed. Any help appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Joe

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

Can be upgrade to a 1400 cpu using a Powerleap adapter for a reasonable
amount of money.

> Sorry did not have it at the time. Dell Dimension XPS 600 (600T).
>
> Thanks
> Joe
>
> "Pen" <pen34usnospam@hotmailnospam.com> wrote in message
> > Post the model number for help.
> >
> > "Joe Donaldson" <tryitoz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Frined has the above and it is a bi slow these days. Not sure what
> > > socket it takes nor max speed. Any help appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > Joe

And most any other Slot 1 upgrade is of dubious value because it won't give a
lot of bang for the bucks spent on a faster CPU. Given that Slot 1 and Socket
370 CPUs faster than 600MHz all require less than 2.0v, and the availability of
hardware support for less than 2.0v is questionable in an older Slot 1 board, a
direct installation of a faster Slot 1 CPU or a slotketted Socket 370 CPU may
not work at all.

The PowerLeap 1.4GHz is expensive, over $100 last time I looked, but tried and
proven... Ben Myers