I rebuilt rudy last night. Not a job for the faint of heart, weak of
stomach, or devoid of resolve. It was a constat two steps forward, one
step back trying to figure out how he goes together right. I really
could have used an extra couple hands to put it together, but I
honestly don't know where I would have put them. Lots of stuff to hold
in a tiny little space.

But I only have one question. Since my rudy was gutted from the day I
got him and I spent a lot of time trying to find the parts I needed for
him, Can someone tell me, should his eyes center when neither plunger
is activated? By looking at the design, it seems it should, but I
can't really be sure. What I notices is that manually moving the
double ended plunger to move his eyse is a pretty stiff motion.

MitchelWB

His eyes should always come back to center when the coils are off. Thats
a function of that long spring wire running across the back of the
eyelids. It rests in a groove in the tang on the eyelids and each end
goes through a brass grommet on each side of the frame.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Cliffy wrote:
> His eyes should always come back to center when the coils are off. Thats
> a function of that long spring wire running across the back of the
> eyelids. It rests in a groove in the tang on the eyelids and each end
> goes through a brass grommet on each side of the frame.

The eyes on my rudy dont exactly center. very close. The problem is
the tension wire can bend over time and the eyes wont return exactly to
dead center. I adjust my wire so it was very close though