HP can't match price.

I called HP to see if they could match price on a Compaq Laptop. Best Buy has the V2311US on sale with $180 USD rebates for $699.99. I asked the guy at HP what he had. Upgrading XP Home for XP Pro. Plus hd from 4200 Rpm to 5400. He said he could not match the Best Buy price. The rebates are from HP. Since they own Compaq. The sale on this Laptop ends July 23. I know this is not the Notebook Forum!!!

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I gave 3 customers of mine the reciepts and the mail in rebate forms for there BenQ monitors... these were $130 rebates and NONE of them sent them in before the deadline. So don't be too surprised. I guess some people just like giving away money. One of the ladies told me that she didn't want them knowing her home address or they might give her junk mail. I asked her where she got the parts shipped too... she smiled.

This isn't the Notebook forum :lol:

Sorry, it had to be done.

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
fate... I might be coming down there briefly to give you some company. My mommy is looking to buy a new notebook and I don't have a clue when it comes to that crap.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
starfishy stay away from high end P4 man my friend has one and it can;t even last 2 hours....... that is [-peep-] up.... i read that P-Ms are beating P4 and even A64 in some apps (when put in destop components alone with the P-M so kinda worthless in notebooks) so i would think that P-Ms are good, and since my uncle got one that lasts 6 hours (dunno what speed it is but....) i would recommand it. i dunno what AMD has to offer though (someone elighten me plz)