Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dear customer,

Thank you for participating in the EVGA $30.00 Rebate promotion. Unfortunately, we are saying that the UPC number you cut off of the package was invalid! Since you sent it in and we did not return it, you are really screwed now! Have a nice day and please recommend EVGA to all your friends so we can bend them over a chair too!

Unbelieveable! Calling their own UPC Invalid! Bullshit!

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

pkquat

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2005
My rule #1 is to scan / photocopy ANY rebate information.

I would recommend a politely worded reply, or calling any number they listed in the reply or on the rebate form inquiring further about the "discrepancy." Sometimes the fine print can be misleading as to what is valid for the rebate.

Sometimes UPC codes get changed upon repackaging. This happened to me for a memory stick once. I called their 1-800 number, explained where and how I got it, and what other validation would they like. We did find out that in fact my UPC WAS valid, and they would update their information. (If they did who knows).

I had issues 3 other times and was successful in getting the rebate in 2 of the cases. I was in clearly error for the one I did not get (I knew it but tried anyway). I was also in error (for the fine print, my fault) for another, but got that rebate, after complaining about the way the worded the fine print, and being THAT picky. Their fine print was a "cheap shot" at getting out of the rebate, but I let them know that, and that I was dissapointed that they would do something like this and their failure to offer me and others the rebate based on the "cheap shot" would influence future purchases, and would be sure to let anyone know about their practices.

It was a little work, but worth $40 bucks to me.

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I usually do photocopy all the info. I guess I got a little lax. This is the first time I've been shafted on a rebate. :frown:

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

Who's the man with the Master Plan?

RichPLS

Champion
That is what sux about mail in rebates!!! Even a photocopy doesn't always work, they require original!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>