Replacement fax,copy,scan software to replace HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgl0153

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I find it all over the WWW. HPProductassistant and marketresearch problems. Been around for years and it seems the only ones that know nothing about it is HP Support.

I USe XP SP3. Is there a replcement fax,copy,scan software software product I can use and get rid of HP's nonsense?

TIA

Solution
Also, if you have a computer that you only need printing you can install the print-only driver, and that is fairly hassle free. I print on my HP all-in-one from several PCs and an old Mac, and on the Windows XP machines I installed the print-only driver. If I need to scan I use my Windows 7 PC.
Also, if you have a computer that you only need printing you can install the print-only driver, and that is fairly hassle free. I print on my HP all-in-one from several PCs and an old Mac, and on the Windows XP machines I installed the print-only driver. If I need to scan I use my Windows 7 PC.

Solution

fgl0153

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

TKS Phil. It appears that HP has had this going on for some years now. Their Support people act as if they have never heard of it before. I did do a bare bones install and stand with that. But I would like to use digital fax etc. Seems HP should have fixed this by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.