Closed Solved

Replacement fax,copy,scan software to replace HP

I find it all over the WWW. HPProductassistant and marketresearch problems. Been around for years and it seems the only ones that know nothing about it is HP Support.

I USe XP SP3. Is there a replcement fax,copy,scan software software product I can use and get rid of HP's nonsense?

TIA
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about replacement copy scan software replace
  1. No, on Windows you are stuck with the HP software. However, Linux has good HP support. When I boot into Ubuntu I have full use of my HP all-in-one with no hassles.
  2. Best answer
    Also, if you have a computer that you only need printing you can install the print-only driver, and that is fairly hassle free. I print on my HP all-in-one from several PCs and an old Mac, and on the Windows XP machines I installed the print-only driver. If I need to scan I use my Windows 7 PC.
  3. Best answer selected by fgl0153.
  4. PhilFrisbie said:
    Also, if you have a computer that you only need printing you can install the print-only driver, and that is fairly hassle free. I print on my HP all-in-one from several PCs and an old Mac, and on the Windows XP machines I installed the print-only driver. If I need to scan I use my Windows 7 PC.

TKS Phil. It appears that HP has had this going on for some years now. Their Support people act as if they have never heard of it before. I did do a bare bones install and stand with that. But I would like to use digital fax etc. Seems HP should have fixed this by now.
  5. Yes, HP's full drivers are fairly bloated! And on my XP machines they would sometimes crash during shutdown which was annoying; but the printer only drivers work great. . .
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Fax Hewlett Packard Software Peripherals