Dimension XPS Gen3

Hello,

how can I monitor the cpu temperature?

All tools I found (e.g. mbm) did not find any management chips to
perform any monitoring operation.

All I found via google is: Dell did not support these function on
many motherboards.

Is this really true for the new Dimension XPS Gen3?

Regards,
Manuel
3 answers Last reply
More about dimension gen3

    Yes. To monitor temperature, you'd need to add a sensor - Thermaltake,
    Zalman, Coolermaster and most of the other cooling system makes produce
    them.

    "Edward J. Neth" schrieb:

    > Yes. To monitor temperature, you'd need to add a sensor - Thermaltake,
    > Zalman, Coolermaster and most of the other cooling system makes produce
    > them.

    I searched on zalmans homepage and did not find any product.

    Only a sensor did not help me, where can I connect a sensor on the
    Dell motherboard to read out the temperature?

    I think only an external solution works (sensor near the cpu, display
    outside the case, monitoring via mbm definitly not possible)...

    Regards,
    Manuel

    That is correct - you'd need a kit with a display and sensor.
    There is no place to connect one to the mainboard.

    > "Edward J. Neth" schrieb:
    >
    > > Yes. To monitor temperature, you'd need to add a sensor - Thermaltake,
    > > Zalman, Coolermaster and most of the other cooling system makes produce
    > > them.
    >
    > I searched on zalmans homepage and did not find any product.
    >
    > Only a sensor did not help me, where can I connect a sensor on the
    > Dell motherboard to read out the temperature?
    >
    > I think only an external solution works (sensor near the cpu, display
    > outside the case, monitoring via mbm definitly not possible)...
    >
    > Regards,
    > Manuel

Dell Dimension Computers