Dimension XPS Gen3

Hello,

how can I monitor the cpu temperature?

All tools I found (e.g. mbm) did not find any management chips to
perform any monitoring operation.

All I found via google is: Dell did not support these function on
many motherboards.

Is this really true for the new Dimension XPS Gen3?

Regards,
Manuel

Yes. To monitor temperature, you'd need to add a sensor - Thermaltake,
Zalman, Coolermaster and most of the other cooling system makes produce
them.

"Edward J. Neth" schrieb:

> Yes. To monitor temperature, you'd need to add a sensor - Thermaltake,
> Zalman, Coolermaster and most of the other cooling system makes produce
> them.

I searched on zalmans homepage and did not find any product.

Only a sensor did not help me, where can I connect a sensor on the
Dell motherboard to read out the temperature?

I think only an external solution works (sensor near the cpu, display
outside the case, monitoring via mbm definitly not possible)...

Regards,
Manuel

That is correct - you'd need a kit with a display and sensor.
There is no place to connect one to the mainboard.