MN-700 Compatible with OS X?

I've got my MN-700 running on a home network in which I'm
using Windows XP SP2 (no issues there, works great) but the
problem I'm having is my wife's iMac which won't connect to
the internet at all. Can I even use the iMac with the
MN-700 or am I wasting my time? I've got two static IP
addresses, one for the PC and one for the Mac. Thanks, -Dave

joker

You have to program the MAC to use the router. This is really a
Macintosh issue though. Just post in a MAC group saying you need to
configure your MAC to connect to a router. Also mention which MAC OS in
that post so people can give you the correct version of the directions
since they change from version to version.

Dave Wayne wrote:

> I've got my MN-700 running on a home network in which I'm
> using Windows XP SP2 (no issues there, works great) but the
> problem I'm having is my wife's iMac which won't connect to
> the internet at all. Can I even use the iMac with the
> MN-700 or am I wasting my time? I've got two static IP
> addresses, one for the PC and one for the Mac. Thanks, -Dave

assistance.

time.

if you have two static addresses from your ISP, you don't want to pass
them through the router set up as an access point. you want to use 1
static IP and use the router as a router and assign the static to it
and not the computers.

the iMac should work fine with the MN700, either wired or wireless. if
wireless, and it is an airport card and not an extreme card, you need
to set the MN700 to mixed b/g mode.

you would need to post some specific details for any further
assistance.

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 16:25:59 -0700, "Dave Wayne"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Thanks for the replies Barb and Joker, apparently the Mac
was trying to connect to the router using the correct IP
addy's but it was looking for the old router. So I needed
to set up a new account for the MN-700 on the Mac and then
everything went through nice and easy. Thanks for the
tips, I was getting pretty frustrated. -Dave

directly for

http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= or
>http://news.google.com/froogle?hl=en&tab=nf&ned=us&q=
before wasting our
>time.
>
>.

HELP Me Barb or any one else.
I have the router (mn700) set up and simultaneousely supporting my OS X
10.3 Powerbook G4(wireless
) , my OS 9.2 (wired) powerbook g3 and a P3 Win Me box. HERE is my
problem. I can not get the port forwarding to access my web site on my G4.
I am using dyndns.org as my dns service. Of course it sees the public
(router) ip. But when I assign port forwarding (using port 80) to my
powerbooks DHCP router supplied private address...nothing happens. I am
at my wits end. It is probably something simple. Any suggestions?
Mitch Howes
Calgary Albertaanyone

the iMac should connect. you may need to set up a new connection
profile. which Mac OS exactly? need more details.

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:50:28 -0700, "Mitch Howes"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist