computer frezze, help

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
okay this has to be quick, cause i jus tryed to type this problem in earyer and the computer froze again. okay long story short. when i turn my computer on it may work for a bit, or a while. but then for no reason my computer will frezze, i mean frezze to. i cant do anything, cant move mouse, no alt delete, it just locks up. i have to restart my computer to get it to work. i hust recently changed my radeon 9800 pro card out to send it in for repairs, so i had to install my radeon 7550 card for a back up till it gets back. i completly cleaned out my drivers for the radeon 9800 and started over with a fresh restall, i used driver cleaner to clean out everything to. i have a gigabyte k8n somthing board, athlon 64 3000, 512mb pc3200 cruscial normal stick of ram, and 512mb corsair extreem overclocking ram, thermal take 480 watt power supply. and normal 120 gig hardrive. could it be a memroy issue. it seems to frezze quicker when i run a program to. it last longer when im just internet browsing. any ideas would be hlepfull, i dont want to type anymore info in cause im afraid i might frezze again. so , HELP, lol

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
Did the 7550 come from another working machine or the pile of parts in a box? How much torture did you put the motherboard/ram/card slots through in the switch? or was it just a quick out n in?

Have you tried re-seating the ram, and making sure you didn't bump it out a little? Could be something like that. Ram or vid card not quite in right. Not sure if you've gone through all this kinda stage one stuff or not.

<font color=blue> That Jesus Christ guy is getting some terrible lag... it took him 3 days to respawn! </font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS