2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesnt really matter, Widescreen though
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Needs to be portable enough to move around
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
3d studio max, revit architecture, autocad, sketchup, adobe products
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Enough room so like 500?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Not really important
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
She is looking @ HP and Toshiba, She has had bad experience with her Insprion 9400
13. What country do you live in? US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
This is for my cousin, I am helping her find a new laptop. She wants one with a good warranty too in case stuff breaks (like her Dell). She is looking at
HP Pavilion dv6z
Toshiba Satellite a660d-st2g02
She intends to purchase within the next few weeks.
That looks to be a pretty decent laptop form from the reviews it has problems BSoDing has to d with the ATI graphics drivers. I would rather her have something she woudlnt have to worry about. Other than that that one has some pretty good hardware
Thanks Shadow, unfortunately she cant wait that long, her old inpsiron 9400 isnt cutting it anymore. That Toshiba laptop looks pretty good. Graphics card is a little weak but with her budget is snt easy to find one that any better, espically with an Intel Quad.