Dell Pricing - Not a Flame

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
July 21, 2004 6:19:02 AM

I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g., $860.00
(after $175.00 rebate and no monitor ordered) + shipping for a 2.8G HT, 3
year limited warranty, XP Home, 512MB RAM, 80G ATA HDD, DVD + free upgrade
to cd-rom r/w, intergrated video and sound, no monitor.

I dunno that price seem high to me. What do you think?

Mike

More about : dell pricing flame

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 21, 2004 6:19:03 AM

"Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g., $860.00
> (after $175.00 rebate and no monitor ordered) + shipping for a 2.8G HT, 3
> year limited warranty, XP Home, 512MB RAM, 80G ATA HDD, DVD + free
> upgrade
> to cd-rom r/w, intergrated video and sound, no monitor.
>
> I dunno that price seem high to me. What do you think?
>
> Mike

I think the prices are higher at the moment as well. I config'd a 4600
almost identically (on the small business site) except with an increase in
RAM (512 rather than 256mb), and the price was some $150 higher. (The dual
optical drive special is currently off as is double RAM). I didn't hash it
out for long, but I do suspect the prices are up a bit.

Stew
July 21, 2004 7:04:55 AM

I wonder if the unfavorable foreign exchange rate has anything to do with
it?

Mike

"S.Lewis" <fearlessfreep@noyoujump.com> wrote in message

> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g., $860.00
> > (after $175.00 rebate and no monitor ordered) + shipping for a 2.8G HT,
3
> > year limited warranty, XP Home, 512MB RAM, 80G ATA HDD, DVD + free
> > upgrade
> > to cd-rom r/w, intergrated video and sound, no monitor.
> >
> > I dunno that price seem high to me. What do you think?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> I think the prices are higher at the moment as well. I config'd a 4600
> almost identically (on the small business site) except with an increase in
> RAM (512 rather than 256mb), and the price was some $150 higher. (The dual
> optical drive special is currently off as is double RAM). I didn't hash
it
> out for long, but I do suspect the prices are up a bit.
>

> Stew

Related resources
July 21, 2004 7:55:52 AM

> I wonder if the unfavorable foreign exchange rate has anything to do
> with it?
>
> Mike
>
> "S.Lewis" <fearlessfreep@noyoujump.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g.,
>> > $860.00 (after $175.00 rebate and no monitor ordered) + shipping
>> > for a 2.8G HT,
> 3
>> > year limited warranty, XP Home, 512MB RAM, 80G ATA HDD, DVD + free
>> > upgrade
>> > to cd-rom r/w, intergrated video and sound, no monitor.
>> >
>> > I dunno that price seem high to me. What do you think?
>> >
>> > Mike
>> >

>> I think the prices are higher at the moment as well. I config'd a
>> 4600 almost identically (on the small business site) except with an
>> increase in RAM (512 rather than 256mb), and the price was some $150
>> higher. (The dual optical drive special is currently off as is double
>> RAM). I didn't hash
> it
>> out for long, but I do suspect the prices are up a bit.
>>

>> Stew

I bought a 4600 P4 2.8, 512 Ram, 80 Gig HD, 48X r/w cd, 16X DVD Rom,
17" Flat Panel Display (E172FP) , speakers, floppy, integrated video, no
rebate but a price discount offered, and I paid shipping ($99) and tax
(~$50) for a total price of $802 back in March. The difference in price
is definately not due to exchange rate...I think greed is more the issue
here. The same system with even "free" shipping costs $300-400 more
today. No reason other than "they can". In fact I wrote Dell the other
day on this but they just sent me a canned reply. (They probably didn't
read it, and probably don't care.)

I got a good deal but I don't like this company just sticking it to the
consumer. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.I'm sure it will enter
into my desion making process on my next purchase.

Jon
July 21, 2004 10:02:31 PM

I purchased a outlet store computer last week, and the price was good. This
week the price are higher in the outlet store. I noticed many vendors have
sales at the end of the month.

"Matt" <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com> wrote in message
> Mike wrote:
> > I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g., $860.00
> > (after $175.00 rebate and no monitor ordered) + shipping for a 2.8G HT,
3
> > year limited warranty, XP Home, 512MB RAM, 80G ATA HDD, DVD + free
upgrade
> > to cd-rom r/w, intergrated video and sound, no monitor.
> >
> > I dunno that price seem high to me. What do you think?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Dell's prices are up and down a lot. That way they can sell to both the
> bargain hunters and the less-careful buyer. If you can wait a while,
> you will get a much better price. Keep an eye on techbargains.com.
> Also you might drop the 3 year warranty---probably it's not worth it.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 22, 2004 2:23:14 AM

>I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g., $860.00
>(after $175.00 rebate

The prices change about every two weeks. In addition you have to check for
coupon codes that are out there at the same time.

I got a good deal about five months ago, free RAM, free burner and free
monitor.

What you have to do it track the coupon codes and wait for a price drop for the
system you want. Either you want the computer and pay for it, or wait for the
price drop
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 22, 2004 2:05:38 PM

But are the prices any better elsewhere (for similar components)? I'm
looking to buying a system in the next couple of weeks and this past week
was definitely worse than the week before.

Thanks,

Henry

"JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message
> >I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g., $860.00
> >(after $175.00 rebate
>
> The prices change about every two weeks. In addition you have to check for
> coupon codes that are out there at the same time.
>
> I got a good deal about five months ago, free RAM, free burner and free
> monitor.
>
> What you have to do it track the coupon codes and wait for a price drop
for the
> system you want. Either you want the computer and pay for it, or wait for
the
> price drop
> "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
July 24, 2004 2:01:41 AM

I recomend Dell all the time,
but I'm going to have to rethink that.

Mike

<jr@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:10frqa8njcs2t02@corp.supernews.com...
> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > I wonder if the unfavorable foreign exchange rate has anything to do
> > with it?
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > "S.Lewis" <fearlessfreep@noyoujump.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > 3

> >> I think the prices are higher at the moment as well. I config'd a
> >> 4600 almost identically (on the small business site) except with an
> >> increase in RAM (512 rather than 256mb), and the price was some $150
> >> higher. (The dual optical drive special is currently off as is double
> >> RAM). I didn't hash
> > it
> >> out for long, but I do suspect the prices are up a bit.
> >>

> >> Stew
> >>
> I bought a 4600 P4 2.8, 512 Ram, 80 Gig HD, 48X r/w cd, 16X DVD Rom,
> 17" Flat Panel Display (E172FP) , speakers, floppy, integrated video, no
> rebate but a price discount offered, and I paid shipping ($99) and tax
> (~$50) for a total price of $802 back in March. The difference in price
> is definately not due to exchange rate...I think greed is more the issue
> here. The same system with even "free" shipping costs $300-400 more
> today. No reason other than "they can". In fact I wrote Dell the other
> day on this but they just sent me a canned reply. (They probably didn't
> read it, and probably don't care.)
>
> I got a good deal but I don't like this company just sticking it to the
> consumer. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.I'm sure it will enter
> into my desion making process on my next purchase.
>
> Jon

July 24, 2004 2:04:03 AM

I'll check out techbarfgains.com.
I agree re: 3year warranty. otoh,
peace of mind. w/o the warranty
is tech support (such as it is) still available?

Mike

"Matt" <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com> wrote in message
> Mike wrote:
> > I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g., $860.00
> > (after $175.00 rebate and no monitor ordered) + shipping for a 2.8G HT,
3
> > year limited warranty, XP Home, 512MB RAM, 80G ATA HDD, DVD + free
upgrade
> > to cd-rom r/w, intergrated video and sound, no monitor.
> >
> > I dunno that price seem high to me. What do you think?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Dell's prices are up and down a lot. That way they can sell to both the
> bargain hunters and the less-careful buyer. If you can wait a while,
> you will get a much better price. Keep an eye on techbargains.com.
> Also you might drop the 3 year warranty---probably it's not worth it.

July 24, 2004 2:05:10 AM

Where do I find the co,upon codes?
home page?

Mike

"JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message
> >I've pricing Dell 4600 PCs and the prices seem quite high, e.g., $860.00
> >(after $175.00 rebate
>
> The prices change about every two weeks. In addition you have to check for
> coupon codes that are out there at the same time.
>
> I got a good deal about five months ago, free RAM, free burner and free
> monitor.
>
> What you have to do it track the coupon codes and wait for a price drop
for the
> system you want. Either you want the computer and pay for it, or wait for
the
> price drop
> "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 8:02:23 AM

Uh, try a search with dell and coupon and code
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
March 1, 2012 8:20:34 PM

Dear Customers,

we are happy to view you at our company's news page, we would bear in no way achieved such results without your escape!

healthcare Health&Care Mall started as a multistore based in Toronto and Ottawa in original 90s. Health&Care confinement accumulate pattern has been growing from year to year and definitively has resulted in the current online layout, as a effect of operating not upright as a genealogy apothecary but also as a market of called "expedient things" . We tried to be established the gain from our before acquaintance and to imagine a non-standard real competing online resource for unequivocally any customer. Even so the idea is guidon you may be genuinely unswerving that the filler is single and has no analogues all all over the Internet.

We would like to concede that our online set aside is operating independently from the offline store system.

Grade of all our medications is guaranteed by canadian health care House of Pharmacy. Shopping at healthcare Health&Care Mall you may be absolutely sure that you steal medication of the most appropriate achievable worth, licensed and working. We are working take upon oneself to hand in hand with largest pharmacopoeia distributors of the Mankind, so we procure command access to the newest inventions of the drug world.

We be experiencing anyhow suppliers but we do not depend on our online classification at any local healthcare warehouses, we employ direct supplies and that is how we save your and our money. Lease fees are also not a puzzle after our online resource.
So, we slave away concerning you, and do all we can to decrease prices with any reasonable means and ways. We longing you like our services!

We do not store our online category at any local canadian healthcare mall warehouses, despite the fact that we cause the in spite of suppliers.

We spare both your and our money, using tactless supplies. Moreover, lease fees are not a problem quest of online resource. So, we produce for you, and do all we can to decline prices with any plausible means and ways. We hope you like our services!

canadian healthcare mall Health&Care Mall Staff

Dr. Edward B. Armington is the canadian health and care mall Pharmacology Professor in University of Western Ontario. He was lecturing canadian health and care mall pharmacology in support of at an end 10 years in University of Ottawa. Against the pattern 12 years he has been a greatest maestro in University of Western Ontario. In 1992 he and his alter ego John Gartner founded canadian health mall Health&Care Mall as a multistore. Nowadays he is CEO of undivided of the pharmaceutical customer base leaders.

Also he is complete of the founders of the health&care mall Pharmacists Group (CPhA). His biggest is imported drugs superiority control.

Dr. William Assign graduated from the the Medical University of South Carolina, Dependent of Rather and canadian health & care mall Sciences in 2000. He has practiced as a forefathers physician to save two years ahead he was invited as a transcend professional to our company. Now he is a cardinal posologist and co-owner of canadian health&care mall email Health&Care Mall. His dominant is benumb grandeur assurance. Suitable more than two years instant he's lecturing drug metabolism/toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences in University of Toronto.
!