wireless clients cannot talk to each other?!

I have the MN-500 wireless base station and have been very
happy with both my wife's Windows computer and my Linux
laptop connected. Recently we got a second Linux laptop,
and something very strange is happening: all three
computers can talk to the Internet, and both wireless
laptops can talk to the (wired) Windows box, but neither
wireless laptop can talk to the other. Instead the base
station claims `host unreachable'. Does anybody have any
idea what is going on, or even how to start diagnosing the
problem?

(I have looked at the base station log, and it definitely
sees both wireless laptops, and as I say, they can both
connect to the Internet.)

joker

Try ping the computer by name & by IP address.

Also check for firewall software on both computers.

Norman Ramsey wrote:

> I have the MN-500 wireless base station and have been very
> happy with both my wife's Windows computer and my Linux
> laptop connected. Recently we got a second Linux laptop,
> and something very strange is happening: all three
> computers can talk to the Internet, and both wireless
> laptops can talk to the (wired) Windows box, but neither
> wireless laptop can talk to the other. Instead the base
> station claims `host unreachable'. Does anybody have any
> idea what is going on, or even how to start diagnosing the
> problem?
>
> (I have looked at the base station log, and it definitely
> sees both wireless laptops, and as I say, they can both
> connect to the Internet.)

assistance.

time.