During shopping out my Banzai Runs, I have noticed an odd pop bumper switch
setup. In addition to the normal skirt switch that closed when the ball is
on the skirt, there is another switch that closes when the rod and ring is
in the down position when pulled in from the coil. Also, there is a
capacitor, resistor and diode connected to the switches as well.

What's up with the extra switch and the components connected to the switch
stacks???

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Yeah, on older games the skirt switch fires the solenoid, and the wafer
switch scores and sounds. Dunno about BRun.

-cody
CARGPB#4

John P. Dayhuff wrote:
> Mike,
> Just a quick thought, place a piece of paper between the two contacts in
> question and the press the skirt to see what happens and what
> does'nt......That would tell ya. I'm thinking its either for the sounds, or
> scoring. One of the two.
>
> --
> John P. Dayhuff
> Battle Creek, MI.
> (269) 979-3836
>
> Still looking for:
> E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
> E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!
>
> "Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > During shopping out my Banzai Runs, I have noticed an odd pop bumper
> switch
> > setup. In addition to the normal skirt switch that closed when the ball
> is
> > on the skirt, there is another switch that closes when the rod and ring is
> > in the down position when pulled in from the coil. Also, there is a
> > capacitor, resistor and diode connected to the switches as well.
> >
> > What's up with the extra switch and the components connected to the switch
> > stacks???
> >
> > --
> > Mike S.
> > Kalamazoo, MI
> >
> > Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> > W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> > M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Those are the switches that score points!

These are in the Special Solenoid section.

Early Rev 11 games don't drive the special
section from the CPU, either.

--
Fred
TX