Will my mobo fit into my case???

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
will the DFI lanparty UT NF4 ultra-d i'm getting fit into a ATX case? it is some case that was a 998KI case (ATX) with 250W PSU (i got a new PSU obviously).
Thanks in advance

if so where is a good guide in fitting the mobo to the case?

endyen

Splendid
ATX is a standard, so it is supposed to fit.
Some of the early ATX cases had a fixed backplate. If yours does, that could be a problem.
Some of the early (cheap) cases, also didn't have all the standoffs, as well.
If it doesn't fit, just grab the cheapest case you can at your local shop, and then either "adjust" your old case, or decide on a new one.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
well then thank my dad that he didn;t got a cheap case back in 2000.... its got a detachable thingy (i would know i accidently took it apart once, nothing broken as i held it when it was going down :p) and is there a pic where i can check if my case have all the standoffs

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
At some point you have to tell yourself to sit back... relax... wait for the parts to come... and so many of these questions will answer themselves.

Oh, and post in the right forums.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
lol ok, but most of the sub forums don;t get enough traffic there (waited days for reply in soem forum) and well i think i got all me answers in about 3 hours except how much do a sli board perform better then a nonsli board, but i guess i google some revirews

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheHolyLancer on 07/25/05 12:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

The fastest response will typically be in the major forums...mobo, graphics, cpu and memory. Having the threads in the right forum is also for other people that are researching. They can reference your thread and see if their question has already been answered.

If the SLI board does OC better, then it will probably take a skilled OCer to be able to take advantage of the extra potential. This is your first, build, much less OC. You need to get the system together, stable and burned in before you start killing yourself with OC questions.

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I have seen some very good OCs on the non-sli board. You are not a veteran OCer. You are not going to get the fastest OC ever from a 3200. Its just not going to happen. The difference between the sli/non-sli is not something you should be concerned about. The only difference is that some people believe (no fact here) that they "save" the best chips for the SLi chipset boards as they will see higher stress. If you think this is true (may or may not be) and think that it is worth spending the extra money on it, then go for it. Either board will work for what you want, just order what you can justify spending money on, and then build it. Ask a bunch more questions when you are building the thing... but these "will it fit in the case" or "do I need a NIC card" questions will be easily answered when you get the parts. Just trust that we picked the right parts for you, and that these parts will be more than sufficient and will have all of the things that you need to get it up and running.

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Now I am just starting to sound mean... and that's not what I wanted.

HolyLancer, I am always willing to help, and I am sorry if I said anything a little too brash, I just think that you are at the point where you just gotta buy this stuff and you will be surprised how many of these questions will answer themselves.

G

Lol I agree with fishy here.
Fact #1: To much stress can cause the lose of hair and/or white coloration
Fact #2: Ladies dont like bald 16 years old kids

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

fate

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
No I don't think fishy is sounding mean, it's just that they're easily solved problems if you see the hardware.

lol @ labbbby

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
nah i'm used to this kind of responses, they do sound harsh but hey its for me own good (as i didn;t realize that only vet OCers will get the difference) so its okay my dad used to give hard knocks on the head once in awhile (now its loud voice as i could easily best him in anythign physical) but like my dad the advice here is mostly great even if sometimes i don;t like the answer (like the no shiny monstrous cooler for now lol), well now just wait until me dad comes home and i start nagging him lol

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
lol labbbby you are very close to what my mom siad to me the other day after she saw me up at 2 AM reading downloaded manuals, i kinda backed it off somewaht after that, thank god i'm doing this in the summer, i be an ace for the A+ exams if i get everything up and running and try out stuff like raid 0 1 and 5.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
i got 1 dying quantium fireball 8 GB (according to dad it cost him an arm and a leg and half a head for it, and took him nearly 2 years to fill it up) and a IBM death star (20 G, i'm surprised it haven;t died yet) both are IDE, the 8 G will go with the PIII and if i need to raid for the A+ stuff i think i can borrow my dad's 40 gig to use it for awhile (all these are IDE while me new drive is SATA i think nraid will do IDE to SATA raids though)

G

I think IDe raid is not thru nVidia's controller.
I could be mistaken tough. I beleive they add a 2nd raid controller for the IDE drive.

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

pat

Expert
nvidia controller can do PATA raid, SATA rais and even span the array between SATA and PATA.

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

G

oh thats a nice feature!thx for claryfying!
I mentionned that because on my computer the SATA raid is on the south bridge and the PATA raid is a VIA chip(and it works well even if its VIA =)).

TRENDING THREADS