Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Help me build a computer. plz ;p

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 5, 2012 11:51:25 PM

So i have been in the market for a computer for a few months now and haven't found anything to my satisfaction yet. I have wanted to build a computer for roughly 4 yrs now, but frankly it kinda scares me. i would love to build one but i deff need help. but before i get to telling you guys what I am looking for in a computer ill tell you a little about what i know about computers.

I am self taught, i mainly work on trouble shooting computers. virus removal and the like. I have some knowledge about computer parts and specs. but just the bare minimum to be able to shop around and get a decent deal on a computer.

So. know that you know a little bit about what i know. heres kinda what i want. (i am willing to take suggestions though)

CPU intel core i5 2500k
1tb hdd
8gbs ram
GPU. i am looking for a decent GPU something around the performance of the Radeon HD 6770. but if there are better for cheaper let me know.
Price. well i was looking for some were in the 500$ range. but would go up to 600ish.

Yeah i know not much to go off of. and a small budget. but to help even more here is kinda what i plan to use it for. I use programs such as adobe dreamweaver, flash, after effects. and programs like those. i play games here and there. mainly minecraft, command and conquer red alert 3, and games like those.

So that's basically all i can think of to add to this post. if you have any questions plz ask i will be happy to answer. and thx for the help in advanced.

More about : build computer plz

Best solution

February 6, 2012 12:44:36 AM

You might have better luck with build suggestions in the 'New Build' forum here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31-322.html

You are posting in the peripherals general discussion where we talk about things like keyboards, mice, speakers, and the like.

Here is a good link with info for builds at different price points. I found it helpful with picking my own components for a new build.
February 6, 2012 1:00:39 AM

oops sorry about that. i was a little confused about were to post. i will repost this there and remove this one. (if i can figure out how to).
Score
Related resources
February 6, 2012 1:07:38 AM

hmm. i posted this over in the thread are you suggested. but i cant seem to access the post. it just redirects me back to the same page again. and im not sure how to remove this thread either. lol sorry about being such a noob. haha thx for any help
Score
February 6, 2012 6:35:23 AM

Best answer selected by randomsteve95370.
Score
February 6, 2012 7:11:42 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!