Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't load BeSpelled at Zone.msn

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 8, 2005 8:52:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

I use to play Bespelled online at zone.msn. Now that I have updated to
Windows XP with Sp2 applied, I cannot load the game. I have gone through all
the recommendations under the link that says "If this game never loads...,
click here for help." Nothing has helped. Is there a know cause of this
problem
and a known cure? This is the help page but it is no solution.
http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3203.htm

--
Sarah
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 12:03:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

Sarah wrote:
>
> I use to play Bespelled online at zone.msn. Now that I have updated to
> Windows XP with Sp2 applied, I cannot load the game. I have gone through all
> the recommendations under the link that says "If this game never loads...,
> click here for help." Nothing has helped. Is there a know cause of this
> problem
> and a known cure? This is the help page but it is no solution.
> http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3203.htm

Here are other sites with suggested cures:

http://zonesysops.com/clips/javavm.html
http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#...

When you have Sun Java loaded, it shows up in Internet Properties,
Advanced tab. You can disable it which will let MSVM take over. Even
though one site might suggest turning off JIT, you can try turning it on
to see if that helps too.

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
March 9, 2005 3:11:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

"Elmo" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message
news:422E5986.350479BC@iglou.invalid...
> Sarah wrote:
>>
>> I use to play Bespelled online at zone.msn. Now that I have updated to
>> Windows XP with Sp2 applied, I cannot load the game. I have gone through
>> all
>> the recommendations under the link that says "If this game never
>> loads...,
>> click here for help." Nothing has helped. Is there a know cause of this
>> problem
>> and a known cure? This is the help page but it is no solution.
>> http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3203.htm
>
> Here are other sites with suggested cures:
>
> http://zonesysops.com/clips/javavm.html
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#...
>
> When you have Sun Java loaded, it shows up in Internet Properties,
> Advanced tab. You can disable it which will let MSVM take over. Even
> though one site might suggest turning off JIT, you can try turning it on
> to see if that helps too.
>

I have never had MSVM on my computer, I guess. I am running XP Home,
installed after the availability of MSVM was removed. I only have Sun Java.
No JIT in the Advanced options.

I disabled Sun Jave in Advanced Internet Options. There is no MSVM to take
over. I have no problem loading and playing Bejeweled2 online with Sun
enabled. But with the Sun Java disabled I cannot play Bejeweled2.

I don't know what the issue is with BeSpelled. You would think if I can play
one game running Sun Java I could play the others that require Java.
--
Sarah
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 8:01:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

Sarah wrote:
>
> "Elmo" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message
> news:422E5986.350479BC@iglou.invalid...
> > Sarah wrote:
> >>
> >> I use to play Bespelled online at zone.msn. Now that I have updated to
> >> Windows XP with Sp2 applied, I cannot load the game. I have gone through
> >> all
> >> the recommendations under the link that says "If this game never
> >> loads...,
> >> click here for help." Nothing has helped. Is there a know cause of this
> >> problem
> >> and a known cure? This is the help page but it is no solution.
> >> http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3203.htm
> >
> > Here are other sites with suggested cures:
> >
> > http://zonesysops.com/clips/javavm.html
> > http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#...
> >
> > When you have Sun Java loaded, it shows up in Internet Properties,
> > Advanced tab. You can disable it which will let MSVM take over. Even
> > though one site might suggest turning off JIT, you can try turning it on
> > to see if that helps too.
> >
>
> I have never had MSVM on my computer, I guess. I am running XP Home,
> installed after the availability of MSVM was removed. I only have Sun Java.
> No JIT in the Advanced options.
>
> I disabled Sun Jave in Advanced Internet Options. There is no MSVM to take
> over. I have no problem loading and playing Bejeweled2 online with Sun
> enabled. But with the Sun Java disabled I cannot play Bejeweled2.
>
> I don't know what the issue is with BeSpelled. You would think if I can play
> one game running Sun Java I could play the others that require Java.
> --
> Sarah

Some also use Flash code and that might be the reason. You might go to
the Shockwave site and see if there's a new version of Flash.

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
!