Sign in with
Your question

Please Help, Windows Wont Let me install 64Bit.

Last response: in Windows 7
December 25, 2012 8:21:29 PM

Just fully built my pc now. and i went to go install 64bit. ( downloaded ) and it wont work i have tried mounting and burning..

This is what it says. : http://gyazo.com/e143a84a67151c6cbb9d752db991e6f4

Proof my pc is 64bit compatible : http://gyazo.com/455733adeb774fb1d713d317f7d003d9
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 8:30:25 PM

you have to upgrade from booting up from CD, not opening CD using your current OS :) 

put your cd in. power on PC, set bios for booting 1st from cd. save bios :)  there you go
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 8:34:00 PM

It says your are trying to upgrade instead of installing. Do you have a 32bit installed already? You need to boot from the dvd. Make sure, you have a valid / legal product key!
December 25, 2012 8:36:21 PM

noidea_77 said:
It says your are trying to upgrade instead of installing. Do you have a 32bit installed already? You need to boot from the dvd. Make sure, you have a valid / legal product key!

yes im going from 32bit to 64bit ?

Im just creating a bootable disk now, will that work ?
December 25, 2012 9:17:43 PM

Any help people ?
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 9:18:00 PM

It will work, if it is a full win version, not an upgrade version of some kind. You didn't tell, where you downloaded it.
December 25, 2012 9:24:03 PM

so it's an illegal copy.
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 9:26:04 PM

Is this a pirated version? Do you have a legit 64 bit upgrade key?
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 9:31:09 PM

What an idiot, asking for tech help with a pirated version of Windows. Idiots like this are the main reason why I dont post much here anymore. Which for some folks, im sure is a good thing :)  Merry Christmas. Cept for this idiot.
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 9:31:11 PM

TheGamblerUK said:
I got it from kick ass torrents + here is whats in the ISO : http://gyazo.com/b18723186aeb283d1737b675814e0dc7

You idiot....

Go explain your problem to the torrent author...get support from him/her.
you have NO idea of the providence of the copy... its probably hacked to hell and loaded with malware...
Tom does not allow us to provide ant suppot for illegal stuff.
If you look around... you can find legal ISO copies of Windows... but you still need a ligitimate key.

Get legal and then come back if you have issues.
Cheers

December 25, 2012 9:35:29 PM

yoji said:
You idiot....

Go explain your problem to the torrent author...get support from him/her.
you have NO idea of the providence of the copy... its probably hacked to hell and loaded with malware...
Tom does not allow us to provide ant suppot for illegal stuff.
If you look around... you can find legal ISO copies of Windows... but you still need a ligitimate key.

Get legal and then come back if you have issues.
Cheers

No need for calling me a "Idiot"

Im sorry.
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 10:03:26 PM

TheGamblerUK said:
No need for calling me a "Idiot"

Im sorry.

Jez... after what you were doing.. you have the afront/termerity to be offended by me calling you an idiot?
You got off lightly... now just shut up.

Cheers
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 11:18:35 PM

just for reference

a microsoft windows iso on a torrent site is not really illegal, using a product key/crack/patch etc from there is however

in your case you want a free pirated copy, dont ask for help here on that

assuming you got yourself a genuine key for that iso you downloaded:

burn the iso using some good burning software (that i wont mention because you will pirate it go look yourself)

set your boot order in the bios and boot from the cd and follow the prompts

also note you CANNOT upgrade a 32-bit install with a 64-bit disk and even then DO NOT USE UPGRADES THERE CRAP do the job properly

support developers.
December 25, 2012 11:22:01 PM

vrumor said:
What an idiot, asking for tech help with a pirated version of Windows. Idiots like this are the main reason why I dont post much here anymore. Which for some folks, im sure is a good thing :)  Merry Christmas. Cept for this idiot.

*** you. who cares ass hole. if you dont like it dont post on this thread.
December 25, 2012 11:26:22 PM

Quote:
yea, the illegal part is using a crack

Thank you. + i didn't mention once about using a crack.
!