please help! zsetup error. trying to get into a gaming room

please someone help I am trying to get into a gaming room. I get
this......http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/cardboard.za_. .....zsetup was
started but rejected the component data. I have a net passport, I have
redownloaded everything even activex. pleae tell me what to do. I just want
to play backgammon!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about please help zsetup error gaming room
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    WAYNE ELLIS wrote:

    > please someone help I am trying to get into a gaming room. I get
    > this......http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/cardboard.za_. .....zsetup was
    > started but rejected the component data. I have a net passport, I have
    > redownloaded everything even activex. pleae tell me what to do. I just want
    > to play backgammon!!!

    Delete the damaged file from the Zone's \Temp folder if it exists there,
    then try the Zone again. If that doesn't help:

    Any Zone file can be downloaded from the following site but the site
    can't be browsed.

    Paste http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/ in your location bar then add
    the name of the file you can't "update" to the end. Download the file,
    place it in the Zone's \Temp folder, then reenter the Zone. It will be
    installed. (You can save the decompressed version of the file if you
    prefer.)

    An example would be http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/zone.za_ or
    http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/zone.zat

    The underscore might be removed from the file as it's saved to disk. If
    so, edit the filename to add the _ and/or to remove the .txt extension
    that's added.

    Some browsers/news readers mistakenly show the download as text. It
    looks like gibberish at the bottom of the post or browser. If this
    happens, you should be able to click File, Save Attachment (or File,
    Open Attachment, File Save As) and save them to the correct folder. This
    depends on the browser and whether you were emailed the attachment or
    you clicked a link to it. Some browsers will only let you save it as
    ..txt or HTML. If so, you can change the name to "zone.za_" with the
    quotes (example filename) then the file will save without the extension.

    AC files can be downloaded from:

    http://fdl.msn.com/zone/ashedata/

    Also look here for help:

    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#ftd