Activate Windows 7?

Raxbar

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
At the moment I'm living outside of the United States. However, I ordered a copy of windows 7 for my new build from the US. The packaging says something about geographical restrictions, and I need to figure out if ill be able to activate from where i live.

Solution
I'm sure MS support will be happy to help you with this. They aren't just sitting around plotting ways to make your life miserable, you know :) The activation people have a good bit of discretion for this reason.
You may not be able to activate from outside the united states. I live in England and I have had similar problems. You could activate it by going through a USA proxy. Even then when you do the updates WGA will flag the operating system as illegal, so do the updates through a proxy.

Once it is activated and you have done the first lot of updates you should have no further problems.

Raxbar

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Which proxy would you recommend? Also, I read about being able to activate through calling a Microsoft activation center (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929) do you know if this would work?