Solved

Windows 7 Automatic Updates

Just built my first pc today, it booted the first time with no problems, now I am updating it, but I am wondering if there is any way to force windows updates to continually search for updates, install them, restart automatically, and on boot search for updates again, install them, and restart. I want it to keep doing this until there are no updates left (I have terrible internet, and i just want it to do this all night long so when i wake up it will hopefully be fully updated).
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows automatic updates
  1. I understand what you want, but no, it is no possible.
  2. Best answer
    Hi :)

No is the answer, although you can tell it to download and install them at a certain time, but only once per 24 hour period...

All the best Brett :)
  3. Huh, well thanks for the help, I guess I'll just do as much as i can before I fall asleep
  4. Best answer selected by FrozenC0re.
  5. Best method is to go straight to the Service pack download (since it will include all the previous updates up to the service pack release) - so instead of using windows update first go straight to the service pack download - install it and then get the updates that have been released after the service pack.
  6. I installed win 7 64bit with sp1 already attatched to it, so i've got that covered, i'm just doing security update stuff right now from what i can tell...
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7