Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 Automatic Updates

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
December 25, 2012 11:53:04 PM

Just built my first pc today, it booted the first time with no problems, now I am updating it, but I am wondering if there is any way to force windows updates to continually search for updates, install them, restart automatically, and on boot search for updates again, install them, and restart. I want it to keep doing this until there are no updates left (I have terrible internet, and i just want it to do this all night long so when i wake up it will hopefully be fully updated).
December 25, 2012 11:55:59 PM

I understand what you want, but no, it is no possible.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 11:56:39 PM

Hi :) 

No is the answer, although you can tell it to download and install them at a certain time, but only once per 24 hour period...

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
December 25, 2012 11:58:04 PM

Huh, well thanks for the help, I guess I'll just do as much as i can before I fall asleep
m
l
December 25, 2012 11:59:01 PM

Best answer selected by FrozenC0re.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 12:19:30 AM

Best method is to go straight to the Service pack download (since it will include all the previous updates up to the service pack release) - so instead of using windows update first go straight to the service pack download - install it and then get the updates that have been released after the service pack.
m
l
December 26, 2012 12:42:27 AM

I installed win 7 64bit with sp1 already attatched to it, so i've got that covered, i'm just doing security update stuff right now from what i can tell...
m
l
!