All Files Launching With Java?

orthokid

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
I recently tried to open a single file with java, and now ALL my files open with it. They also have a java icon on them and a extension that my kindle spell check refuses to let me type an is like "link". People have had this problem before with other programs being run but never with java that I have seen, any help?

Solution
If it's not a virus, there are 2 ways to do it.

1) Right click (or shift +right click, depend on window version) on the file and choose "Open With". Then select "Choose Program..." and tick the check box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and choose the program that you want that file type to associate it with in the future.

2) Go to window explorer, select "tools" > "Folder Options...". Select "File Types" tab and edit which extensions that you want to associate with which program.

Hi :)

Nice in theory, but WHICH AV are you running and WHICH Firewall ?

All the best Brett :)

I have fixed NUMEROUS Viruses in my shops with PRECISELY the same symptoms...

You don't like the answer don't ask for help...

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
If it's not a virus, there are 2 ways to do it.

1) Right click (or shift +right click, depend on window version) on the file and choose "Open With". Then select "Choose Program..." and tick the check box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and choose the program that you want that file type to associate it with in the future.

2) Go to window explorer, select "tools" > "Folder Options...". Select "File Types" tab and edit which extensions that you want to associate with which program.

Solution

Absolutely and precisely correct.... and if those two do not work, it IS a virus...

orthokid

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Thank you it worked perfectly.