Need a list of Bluetooth phones compatible with PDA

January 12, 2005 7:04:37 AM

Our company is investigating which Palm devices we should recommend
for our employees to use. One of the many choices will be a T3 (and
maybe a T5) for use with a cell phone to access the Internet.

Is there a web site which would help us learn which cell phones will
work with Bluetooth to provide a network connection? I'm hoping for a
definitive list, but I suspect that there isn't one. Since we have
sites across the country, it would also be useful if the list included
which carriers it's used with.

A secondary question is I assume that if Bluetooth will work with the
Palm, that it will work with a Pocket PC model? I don't think the
Pocket PC is an ideal solution, but I have been asked to look into the
potential for Pocket PC devices.

We have a couple of users evaluating the Treo, but it isn't ideal for
some of the employees.

--
Erik
Anonymous

erikd@nospam.wanted.here a écrit, le 12/01/2005 11:04 :

> Is there a web site which would help us learn which cell phones will
> work with Bluetooth to provide a network connection?

All Bluetooth phone will work for networking, except those that are
triggering a bug in the system: Nokia 6230, 6820 and 6600 (bug fixed in
the T5 for the 6230 and 6600).

<http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/phonelink.h...;

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...

Have a look in our Geekzone Bluetooth Guides for an idea of how things are
connected.

In short, any model will work with both Pocket PC and Palm, except the ones
the other poster reported - a couple of Nokia models.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

"erikd@nospam.wanted.here" <e3news@spamex.com> wrote in message
> Our company is investigating which Palm devices we should recommend
> for our employees to use. One of the many choices will be a T3 (and
> maybe a T5) for use with a cell phone to access the Internet.
>
> Is there a web site which would help us learn which cell phones will
> work with Bluetooth to provide a network connection? I'm hoping for a
> definitive list, but I suspect that there isn't one. Since we have
> sites across the country, it would also be useful if the list included
> which carriers it's used with.
>
> A secondary question is I assume that if Bluetooth will work with the
> Palm, that it will work with a Pocket PC model? I don't think the
> Pocket PC is an ideal solution, but I have been asked to look into the
> potential for Pocket PC devices.
>
> We have a couple of users evaluating the Treo, but it isn't ideal for
> some of the employees.
>
> --
> Erik
January 17, 2005 10:37:44 PM

Patrick Vuichard a écrit, le 12/01/2005 11:07 :

> All Bluetooth phone will work for networking, except those that are
> triggering a bug in the system: Nokia 6230, 6820 and 6600 (bug fixed in
> the T5 for the 6230 and 6600).

Argh, sorry: for the 6230 and 6820, not the 6600. And I've had some
information saying that it may be possible that a new firmware for the
6600 is solving the remaining issue.

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...
news:fr.bienvenue news:fr.bienvenue.questions
news:news.announce.newusers news:fr.usenet.reponses
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:18:34 PM

Mauricio Freitas wrote:

> In short, any model will work with both Pocket PC and Palm,
> except the ones the other poster reported - a couple of
> Nokia models.

Bluetooth isn't the problem anymore. There are finally a lot of
Bluetooth phones to choose from. The problem now is that damned near
every phone has a thrice-damned camera in it, meaning that the hundreds
of thousands of people who work in courthouses, government buildings,
and elsewhere can't carry them. Whoever thought putting cameras in
telephones was a neat idea should be slapped repeatedly.

I do not know what I am going to do when my T68i dies. Buy a new phone
and burn out the camera lens with a soldering iron, probably. :(

--
bblackmoor
2005-01-18

"Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@blackgate.net> wrote in message
> Mauricio Freitas wrote:
>>
>> In short, any model will work with both Pocket PC and Palm, except the
>> ones the other poster reported - a couple of
> > Nokia models.
>
> Bluetooth isn't the problem anymore. There are finally a lot of Bluetooth
> phones to choose from. The problem now is that damned near every phone has
> a thrice-damned camera in it, meaning that the hundreds of thousands of
> people who work in courthouses, government buildings, and elsewhere can't
> carry them. Whoever thought putting cameras in telephones was a neat idea
> should be slapped repeatedly.
>
> I do not know what I am going to do when my T68i dies. Buy a new phone and
> burn out the camera lens with a soldering iron, probably. :(

That's so true. We just need a simple Bluetooth phone - like the T39m and
T68i!

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:33:30 PM

erikd@nospam.wanted.here napsal(a):
> Our company is investigating which Palm devices we should recommend
> for our employees to use. One of the many choices will be a T3 (and
> maybe a T5) for use with a cell phone to access the Internet.
>
> Is there a web site which would help us learn which cell phones will
> work with Bluetooth to provide a network connection? I'm hoping for a
> definitive list, but I suspect that there isn't one. Since we have
> sites across the country, it would also be useful if the list included
> which carriers it's used with.
>
> A secondary question is I assume that if Bluetooth will work with the
> Palm, that it will work with a Pocket PC model? I don't think the
> Pocket PC is an ideal solution, but I have been asked to look into the
> potential for Pocket PC devices.
>
> We have a couple of users evaluating the Treo, but it isn't ideal for
> some of the employees.

I have a good experience with a Siemens S55. However, get at least fw20
revision, the previous ones have lots of bugs. Despite the upgrade, my
phone still shuts down itself after several phone calls and about 70
SMS's during about 3 hours of GPRS connection, which really pi**es me
off. And it has no EDGE or CDMA, so you're limited to GPRS (56kbps
downlink / 18kbps uplink and 84kbps downlink 33,6kbps uplink with
T-mobile in CZ).
And the camera is detachable.
Mark
!