Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Keyboard+Mouse Drivers? PLEASE HELP

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
December 26, 2012 3:29:14 AM

Hi! I Recently bought a replacement mouse+keyboard. They only work on boot up, and I finnally found the problem, but need help on how to fix it! So, the problem is is that windows is not installing the drivers. I cannot download them manually from the internet on that computer because I have no working keyboard and mouse on that computer, so I cant even get on the internet. Is there anyway to fix this in the BIOS? Its pretty much like, when you say plugin a new iphone to your computer. On the bottom corner it shows a message saying its installing driver bla bla bla. Well mine isnt doing that. Please help. Mobo Brand is Gigabyte incase you need to know what BIOS. Thanks lots. BTW Spent over 2k on the build....reallly need to fix it

More about : keyboard mouse drivers

a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 3:40:04 AM

Update windows .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
Update bios.
Update hdd/ssd firmware.
Change cmos battery.
Full Scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" Freeware.
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 3:40:42 AM

Load default settings in bios.
Related resources
December 26, 2012 3:50:22 AM

hytecgowthaman said:
Update windows .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
Update bios.
Update hdd/ssd firmware.
Change cmos battery.
Full Scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" Freeware.

Your pretty dumb... I saw you put this same post on like 30 threads. Bother reading the fkin desc? I cant use a mouse or anything. you expect me to do that all how?
December 26, 2012 2:53:02 PM

can anybody figure this out?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 3:42:42 PM

Easiest fix would be to get a wired keyboard\mouse and use them to get into windows and then attempt to get it working - that way you can type etc. to do what you need to do ! Thing is with the keyboard mouse you have it is not suppose to need drivers installed (It should be plug and play) so it sounds more like a hardware problem than software drivers (ie. the USB connections may not be functioning properly - the USB portion of the keyboard\mouse may not be making the proper connection in the port - etc.) for some reason it seems the system is not detecting the USB connection being active or the wireless signal is not being received etc. -- does a different USB device get detected when you plug it in ? -- thing is it is really hard to troubleshoot when you do not have access to running things to test them (ie. the connection reset tools mentioned earllier in your other thread (which also makes it hard to assist when you have several threads since it gets harder to know what has been tried and what has not when jumping back and forth between threads !)
December 26, 2012 11:37:09 PM

JDFan said:
Easiest fix would be to get a wired keyboard\mouse and use them to get into windows and then attempt to get it working - that way you can type etc. to do what you need to do ! Thing is with the keyboard mouse you have it is not suppose to need drivers installed (It should be plug and play) so it sounds more like a hardware problem than software drivers (ie. the USB connections may not be functioning properly - the USB portion of the keyboard\mouse may not be making the proper connection in the port - etc.) for some reason it seems the system is not detecting the USB connection being active or the wireless signal is not being received etc. -- does a different USB device get detected when you plug it in ? -- thing is it is really hard to troubleshoot when you do not have access to running things to test them (ie. the connection reset tools mentioned earllier in your other thread (which also makes it hard to assist when you have several threads since it gets harder to know what has been tried and what has not when jumping back and forth between threads !)

It apparently DOES need drivers, as I plugged them into this computer and in the bottom it said installing device driver. Even on the box it says no driver needed. Weird. Anyway, It cant be a hardware problem as it works on this computer. I have like 5 other things plugged into the USB Ports on my keyboard and they work. (Iphone charger, Wireless internet connector, Speakers, Etc)
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 11:57:14 PM

Nic0s411 said:
It apparently DOES need drivers, as I plugged them into this computer and in the bottom it said installing device driver. Even on the box it says no driver needed. Weird. Anyway, It cant be a hardware problem as it works on this computer. I have like 5 other things plugged into the USB Ports on my keyboard and they work. (Iphone charger, Wireless internet connector, Speakers, Etc)


It needs a driver but those drivers are a part of the windows OS so once the USB connection picks up that the sensor is plugged in it should auto load the needed driver without the need to add any new driver (thus they say no driver needed since it is already a part of the OS ) - And yes it could still be a hardware problem if for some reason the USB port and the sensor are not making the proper connection to sense it being plugged in on that system or could be a conflict between 2 devices - but can not telll without being able to run diagnostics which requires keyboard\mouse input. Thus the suggestion to use a wired connection to run some testing !
!