Windows won't boot. Just black screen with a mouse cursor

Riiziin

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Okay, I have been looking for an answer for the past 2 days how to fix this problem. I have done everything possible. I've attempted the windows disk start up repair got the black screen, started it off in safe mode still black screen. I don't know anymore I usually am VERY descriptive in my google searches... But nothing has helped

I have no warranty.
I have faith. Help me please

muldae

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Do you have a dedicate video card in your system?

I'vea had similar experience and I removed the graphic card and used inboard and I was able to boot into Windows.

deepb

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
For starters, we might be able to help if you give us your system specs and let us know how long this system has been running or if it's a new build? Or did you upgrade any parts recently. Without any such details, we can't really help you.

Riiziin

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Well my laptop is a HP g60 notebook. It's been running for about 2 years and in February it went out to to hard disk problems and I just fixed it on Sunday by reinstalling windows 7. Just a little Info but here are the specs

Model: HP G60 notebook
Processor type :pentium(R) dual core CPU t4300 @ 2.10GHz

That's As much as I can do I'm getting this off system info.

jblanda

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hello, i have experienced this same problem with my toshiba Satellite C675, i have a fix that sounds very stufid but here it goes.

I let my laptop sit for about an hour, untill it fell asleep, when i woke it up it worked. so you can fix it shutting the lid, so it falls asleep, then you just wake it up. Good Luck! :D

jblanda

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hello, i have experienced this same problem with my toshiba Satellite C675, i have a fix that sounds very stufid but here it goes.

I let my laptop sit for about an hour, untill it fell asleep, when i woke it up it worked. so you can fix it shutting the lid, so it falls asleep, then you just wake it up. Good Luck! :D

TRENDING THREADS