tech:wwf royal rumble flipper issue

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

i just picked up a data east royal rumble and all the flippers work except
the bottom left.
i just went through the cpu and all checks out fine and i went through the
flipper boards and had to replace a few parts on one of the boards but now
the left flipper gets stuck in the up position and when you turn the game
off it returns to the down position. it looks like the coil was recently
replaced but i did notice the newer coil has only two lugs it has the part
number 090-5032-0T where is the other coil has three lugs and has part
number 090-5032-00 any one have any ideas

DE solid-state-controlled flippers use coils that have only 2 lugs, so what
you are seeing should be correct for this game.

The cause of the flipper staying up/energized is usually due to an open (or
missing) diode across the coil lugs. Check/replace the diode and see if
that helps.

We have replacement coils in stock if you need a new replacement:
www.actionpinball.com

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC