Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Purchase Converter Box for Comcast Digital Cable

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
February 7, 2012 11:05:21 PM

I would like to copy some TV programs from MY Comcast furnished DVR to a an Individual DVD-R on my Laptop, Please advise me of the Software and The Digital Card that needs to be installed on my Laptop
a c 204 D Laptop
February 8, 2012 5:11:57 PM

Get a DVD recorder for your TV, hook up the output of the DVR to that, record.
m
0
l
February 21, 2012 12:01:48 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Get a DVD recorder for your TV, hook up the output of the DVR to that, record.


Thanks for your input, I do not want to pay rental for DVR, nor I want to buy a DVD Recorder, I am interested in using my new HP Laptop as a DVR, I need to know if it is feasible and how
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 204 D Laptop
February 21, 2012 1:02:08 PM

Beachmonger1 said:
Thanks for your input, I do not want to pay rental for DVR, nor I want to buy a DVD Recorder, I am interested in using my new HP Laptop as a DVR, I need to know if it is feasible and how


That was not your question though. You asked how to get stuff you had on the DVR from comcast to play on the laptop's DVD. You need a card like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... to record directly to the laptop.

Note that any encrypted channels (which would be most) will not work without the cable box. You may need to use the cable box tuner to output the video to the card, but I am not sure if those TV tuner cards can act as a pass-through.
m
0
l
February 28, 2012 3:12:08 AM

hang-the-9 said:
That was not your question though. You asked how to get stuff you had on the DVR from comcast to play on the laptop's DVD. You need a card like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... to record directly to the laptop.

Note that any encrypted channels (which would be most) will not work without the cable box. You may need to use the cable box tuner to output the video to the card, but I am not sure if those TV tuner cards can act as a pass-through.




I appreciate your feedback, I am surely gonna, look into it, and do more research, and get back to you.
Thanks,
Beachmonger1@gmail.com
m
0
l
!