Sign in with
Your question

Printer software on PC says printer out of toner, but it has plenty of toner

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 8, 2012 3:06:08 PM

Hello,
I have an HP CP2025dn laserjet printer. Prints fine from my Mac and has plenty of toner. HP driver software on Windows 7 machine says the printer is out of toner. Need to know how to disable this. Have already uninstalled and reinstalled driver. Worked temporarily and now getting same message again. Have consulted google but haven't seen anything specific to this yet.
September 6, 2012 3:37:04 AM

Yep had exact same problem....There is a problem with the driver/port...I looked this up on the HP website and found the solution was to edit the printer properties, select port, add a standard tcp/ip port, and set it to the printers ip...and the problem went away as soon as I hit apply.

frustrated22 said:
Hello,
I have an HP CP2025dn laserjet printer. Prints fine from my Mac and has plenty of toner. HP driver software on Windows 7 machine says the printer is out of toner. Need to know how to disable this. Have already uninstalled and reinstalled driver. Worked temporarily and now getting same message again. Have consulted google but haven't seen anything specific to this yet.

m
l
September 8, 2014 8:40:17 AM

Just wanted to comment to add that aireyj's solution also works for Windows 8.1.
m
l
!