Sign in with
Your question

Internt does not connect until modem is reset

Last response: in Windows 7
December 26, 2012 6:13:18 AM

Hi,

I have an internet connection connected using my router D-Link 2730U.
I use wired connection (LAN) for connecting. All lights, including Power,LAN, DSL, and internet glow on the router. The small Network Access icon on the task bar shows that the computer has internet access. But I will still not be able to connect.
Then if I switch off the router, turn it on again, wait for all the lights to come, then I will be able to connect to the internet.
But then if I again switch off the router and turn it on, I wont be able to connect.

I am using Windows 7 x64.

Please help me.
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 7:41:37 AM

Hi,
It might be a problem with the Internet Service Provider.
Try connecting the computer directly to the modem (without using the router), set the connection and see if still the same.
m
l
December 27, 2012 1:44:27 AM

alexoiu said:
Hi,
It might be a problem with the Internet Service Provider.
Try connecting the computer directly to the modem (without using the router), set the connection and see if still the same.

I use the Dlink 2730U which is a router with a modem. I dont have any other modem to try with. Anyways thanks for the help. I will contact the ISP today.

And, I have a doubt. Does this happen due to a conflict or any problem in the IP addresses?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 3:36:01 AM

shashu1999 said:
I use the Dlink 2730U which is a router with a modem. I dont have any other modem to try with. Anyways thanks for the help. I will contact the ISP today.

And, I have a doubt. Does this happen due to a conflict or any problem in the IP addresses?

It could indeed be a IP address conflict happening. Have you done any advanced settings within the router itself?

If not, you could also do a hard reset on the modem/router in order to see if the source is the modem/router itself.
m
l
!