i started with this-
rosewill 300w psu
sempron 2800
k8n neo plat
msi 9600 pro
512mb patriot 2-3-2 ddr400
740dx maxtor hdd 80gb
optorite optical drive (not important)
this setup ran fine for almost 6 months, gaming an all.

purchased this:
another 512 stick of the same RAM
leadtek a400 gt
samsung 7200.7 80gb hdd ncq (yes i kno, almost pointless)
raidmax 420w psu
thermaltake silent boost k8

installed all of the new components, down to the last little zip tie clipped to perfection, AND THE DAMN THING WONT POST, plus i am getting beep error codes. so i look up the error codes, and find out that it was a RAM problem, so i go to switch out the RAM, (aka test each stick in the first slot individually) and like a dumbass i forget to unplug the psu and i fry the static-sensitive nf3 chipset. i mean FUBAR. so i keep on truckin and scrap the old k8n , buying a DFI lanparty nf3 250gb to replace it, plus i RMA both sticks of RAM and get 2 brand new ones, just to be safe. installed everything AGAIN, carefully and slowly, triple checking every jumper and header, and even doin a ridiculous 8-hour cmos clear with the battery out and everything. after this i get: nothing. no POST. all of my fans spin up, all of my LEDs come on, mobo and hard drive LEDs, optical and hard drives spin up, EVERYTHING. no POST. yes, i tried swapping out the video for a known good one. yes, i tried swapping the psu and even the hard drive although that couldnt be affecting POST.

PLEASE! can anyone help me on this? ANY suggestions because i am stumped.

There is no patch for human stupidity

No post equals Mobo or PSU. Have you checked to see there are no unused posts under the mobo (possibly shorting the mobo). Do you have both power cables plugged into the mobo? Tried that CPU in another known good system?

Hatphones

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2005
yes,yes, and if you read i said that the same CPU was working on a working system just a week ago. any other suggestions? (also no post can also be memory). thanks for ur help. im in a jam here...

There is no patch for human stupidity

Yes I read your post and saw that the CPU had been working in a good system. The reason I asked is that you could have unknowingly fried the CPU when you fried the board. If that happened, then that bad CPU could fry your nice new mobo.

With new memory I wouldn't expect it to be the culprit.

reader850

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2001
I built a DFI nF4 Ultra-D A64 system and had serious problems. The folks at DFI-Street.com were extremely helpful, so if you haven't figured it out, try asking there. Mine is running great now.