Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Adobe Reader for Palm install problem

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 11:12:56 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.text.pdf,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I am trying to install the Adobe Reader for Palm v. 3.05
with OS X 10.3.6. The palm component installs fine, as does
the desktop converter. However, the conduit does not install,
so the converted PDFs are not installed on the Palm. I
resorted to finding the AcroConduit in the Application
bundle and copying it manually to
/Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits, where all
the other conduits seem to be, but it doesn't work and is not
even seen by the HotSync manager (v. 3.2). Any ideas?
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 11:12:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.text.pdf,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <slrncub169.19p.lee@bad-bart.lcp.nrl.navy.mil>,
Lee Phillips <lee@leeHYPHENphillips.org.invalid> wrote:

> I am trying to install the Adobe Reader for Palm v. 3.05
>
> with OS X 10.3.6. The palm component installs fine, as does
>
> the desktop converter. However, the conduit does not install,
>
> so the converted PDFs are not installed on the Palm. I
>
> resorted to finding the AcroConduit in the Application
>
> bundle and copying it manually to
>
> /Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits, where all
>
> the other conduits seem to be, but it doesn't work and is not
>
> even seen by the HotSync manager (v. 3.2). Any ideas?

I don't think it's Adobe, per se, in this case. I've recently installed
Adobe Reader for Palm on two different Macs. Worked as advertised, no
problems. Both systems running 10.3.7.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 5:37:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.text.pdf,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:32:40 -0800, Steve Hix <sehix@NOSPAMspeakeasy.netINVALID> did write:

> I don't think it's Adobe, per se, in this case. I've recently installed
> Adobe Reader for Palm on two different Macs. Worked as advertised, no
> problems. Both systems running 10.3.7.

Can you provide some details? What was the install procedure? Where is the
conduit?
Related resources
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 5:37:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.text.pdf,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <slrncud1sg.645.lee@bad-bart.lcp.nrl.navy.mil>,
Lee Phillips <lee@leeHYPHENphillips.org.invalid> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:32:40 -0800, Steve Hix
> <sehix@NOSPAMspeakeasy.netINVALID> did write:
>
> > I don't think it's Adobe, per se, in this case. I've recently installed
> > Adobe Reader for Palm on two different Macs. Worked as advertised, no
> > problems. Both systems running 10.3.7.
>
> Can you provide some details?

OK

> What was the install procedure?

Default installation from the Adobe download.

> Where is the conduit?

Lessee...

/Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits/AcroConduit
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 11:01:22 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.text.pdf,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Well, inspired by your success I tried yet again, changing the
permissions of /Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync and
Conduits under that to be word writable, and installed again.
The conduit works now, but the (Palm) reader is as useless
as previous versions. It is extremely slow and unresponsive and
the conversion step hoses any mathematics that might be in the
file (and sometimes hoses the entire file). I wish there were
a way to view PDFs on the Palm; this isn't it.
!