Microsoft Broadband Networking

Last response: in Networking
October 4, 2004 8:06:48 PM

I just got a new cable modem box to connect to the
Internet. When I try to run my Microsoft Broadband Setup
utility, the following message appears:

Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
compatible with this version of Windows, contact
Microsoft Broadband Networking.

Please advise. Thanks.

Aurea
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 10:43:34 PM

It is only the pretty front end that's in conflict, but the newer version
works just fine. I'd just install the firmware after you download, and
manually configure the base station through the default IP address in your
browser. The download is available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC