Microsoft Broadband Networking

I just got a new cable modem box to connect to the
Internet. When I try to run my Microsoft Broadband Setup
utility, the following message appears:

Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
compatible with this version of Windows, contact
Microsoft Broadband Networking.

Please advise. Thanks.

Aurea
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft broadband networking

    It is only the pretty front end that's in conflict, but the newer version
    works just fine. I'd just install the firmware after you download, and
    manually configure the base station through the default IP address in your
    browser. The download is available here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Aurea Rivera" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just got a new cable modem box to connect to the
    > Internet. When I try to run my Microsoft Broadband Setup
    > utility, the following message appears:
    >
    > Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
    > issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
    > compatible with this version of Windows, contact
    > Microsoft Broadband Networking.
    >
    > Please advise. Thanks.
    >
    > Aurea

Routers Broadband Networking Microsoft