Not open for further replies.

beerhelmet

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Budget: Up to $1000 (Canadian)

Size: Between 10 and 15 inches

Resolution: 16:9 / 16:10 ratio at minimum 1366x768

Portable [strike]or Desktop replacement[/strike]: Portable

Battery Life: As much as possible, m11x claims 7 hours so I'll assume somewhere around there?

Games?: Yes, I would like to play at highest possible settings on whatever the resolution is for MW2, BC2 (unlikely to happen), etc. (Most FPSs)

Other tasks?: Watching movies, browsing websites

Storage?: Not much, but at a minimum 100GB (Prefer 500 if possible)

Specific sites?: No, but as I am Canadian I would prefer something listed with Canadian dollars

Time Frame for Keeping Laptop: Doesn't have to be very future proof, but durability and reliability are very important to me. Let me say 3 years.

ODD?: As long as there is one dvd drive, CAN be external USB.

Brands?: The place I work at only buys Toshiba Satellites for using them as work machines, so my knowledge is unrelated, therefore no preference.

Add. Info.: Basically I have some spare monies to have a machine that is very portable. I was toying with the idea of a very small tower, but was later convinced to go with a laptop for the ability to be unplugged for long periods of time. I would rather play at a lower resolution with all the goodies turned on, but the resolution must be the native for the monitor. The touchpad is not too important as I plan to carry around a mouse with me, but conversely the keyboard must be good. I do not like Macs, but my brother totes his around in one hand all day long with barely a charge, which is basically my intention, but I like to play video games a lot.

If my information is wrong, or clarification is needed, please let me know. I would rather get flamed, or unrelated help than have this thread accumulate many views with 0 replies.

Thanks in advance!

beerhelmet

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Thanks for the replies:

Maziar - I see, what is a sort of average battery life time for a "portable" (non desktop-replacement) laptop then? I may need to change my expectations.

amk09 - Looks pretty sweet, any idea what the battery life is and what the quality is like/how reliable MSI is?

Any and all help is welcome!

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Battery life is around 3 hours, but when your gaming you should have it plugged in anyways so you can get full performance. MSI is a quality company and that laptop right there shows why, they provide the best parts for the lowest prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.