Not exactly Dell....external hard drive

I am planning to get an external hard drive. The decision seems to be
between Seagate 200GB and a Maxtor250GB. Any recommendations? Thanks.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:47:08 -0500, "John R. Pickett" <jrpickett@cp-tel.net>
wrote:

>I am planning to get an external hard drive. The decision seems to be
>between Seagate 200GB and a Maxtor250GB. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I bought a Western Digital 160 GB at SAM's a few months ago. USB 2 works just
fine.
Jack Mac

Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001

"John R. Pickett" <jrpickett@cp-tel.net> wrote in message
> I am planning to get an external hard drive. The decision seems to be
> between Seagate 200GB and a Maxtor250GB. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I purchased the Maxtor 200GB a few months back. I'm very pleased with it's
performance and it works flawlessly. I have just about crammed full with
mp3's and ripped DVD's. I'm thinking about getting another one... :)

Buy the one that is cheaper per megabyte.
"John R. Pickett" <jrpickett@cp-tel.net> wrote in message
> I am planning to get an external hard drive. The decision seems to be
> between Seagate 200GB and a Maxtor250GB. Any recommendations? Thanks.

you didn't mention the model pc you are looking to connect it to...
if it is an older model pc it likely only has usb1 ports, which means the
external drive will run very slowly. you could add a usb2 card to an older
system, but then again you could just install an internal disk if you were
going inside the box anyway...

"John R. Pickett" <jrpickett@cp-tel.net> wrote in message
> I am planning to get an external hard drive. The decision seems to be
> between Seagate 200GB and a Maxtor250GB. Any recommendations? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS