Hello, Looked all around looking for a laptop that has discrete graphics 1gb, preferably nvida that can take advantage of the cuda mecury engine. maybe even the optumus switching to help battery life.
not to concerned on weight i climb mountains with a 40-60 lbs pack so a 7lb or less laptop is probably ideal. just need to fit in a bag with large text books and binders.
i will be getting the biggest battery there is for the laptop and add another to keep with me just in case. the size around 14.5-16" should be fine for my classes. i have a Zoom H2 recorder that i would also like to hook up to it if im in class that i can run the audio program from cs5. i am looking for i7 6gb ram good size screen(at home i have 2 22" for my workstation) HDMI out at least 3-4 usb. esata. backlit keyboard. not too concerned with speakers or BluRay.
. What is your budget? below 2000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.4-16 maybe 14 but think not
3. What screen resolution do you want?
would like closest to 1080p but not critical
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I Have an i7 with 10.5TB 4GB ram at home with ati 5470 or something so this is a mobile CS5 laptop and do CAD and type notes in class. and show my clients thier photos and edit videos
5. How much battery life do you need? 5hrs with a Larger Battery pack
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
company of Heros and other RTS games with medium or high quality but dont need 100plus Frame rate for games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
CS5 adobe premier pro cs5 photoshop extended, mathcad, pspice, CAD, word, escell, programing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD burner i have an external esata Blue ray burner
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Sony, toshiba, lenervo, asus
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Thanks guys looking to buy in 2 weeks to before thanksgiving or on black friday.
So i went with
sony viao f sereies
Component: Adobe Bundle (Free - $448 value)
Component: Blu-ray Disc™ Read Only Drive with dvd burner
Component: No additional AntiVirus Software
Component: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 425M GPU (1GB VRAM)
Component: Intel® Core™ Quad i7-740QM processor (1.73GHz) with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz
Component: 16.4" VAIO Full HD Premium Display (1920x1080)
Component: 500GB Hard Disk Drive (7200rpm)
Component: Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit
Component: 6GB (4GBx1 + 2GBx1) DDR3-SDRAM-1333
Component: LED Backlit Keyboard
Component: Fresh Start
Component: Microsoft® Office 2010 Starter (Click More Info for details.)
Component: Large capacity battery
Per Unit Price: $1,462.49
Total Price: $1,462.49
Description: VPCF1390X Configure-to-Order
Ship Method: Expedited
Estimated Ship Date: 10/13/2010
Extended Service Plan: 2 Year Express Ship Service Plan for Notebooks
Price: $112.49 did this so i could get 10% off for being a student