Okay here's a q for the tech gurus: in a stern game (MPU-200) can an
scr on the light board handle the load of a small relay instead of a
lightbulb or combined with a lightbulb ? (a design question for my pin
in the building stages)

Thanks

EdHunTer<eddietheremovethised@walla.com> schrieb:

> Okay here's a q for the tech gurus: in a stern game (MPU-200) can an
> scr on the light board handle the load of a small relay instead of a
> lightbulb or combined with a lightbulb ? (a design question for my pin
> in the building stages)
>
> Thanks

Use a solenoid expander board. This board is behind a scr and is used
to enlarge the number of solenoids in many bally games (eight ball
deluxe, fathom...)
Greetings Oliver

My collection: early bally and williams with custom game roms

My homepage: http://www.pinball4you.ch

Mail to: okaegi at freesurf dot ch

A 2n5060 TO92 SCR has a rated max voltage of 30 volts and a max current
of 800 mA. A typical relay these days will have 20-50 mA of coil
current. A #47 bulb has about 150 mA of current. The C106B SCR has
even higher ratings. I would not suggest running both the voltage and
current at anything over 50% of max rating in order to keep the service
life long. Other than the voltages are different, you should have no
problem driving a relay and a bulb in parallel. Don't forget the back
EMF diode across the relay coil. There's an easy way to account for
the different voltages of bulbs and relays, email me off list if you
want some advice on that.

K2