Final System Specs

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Hey Guys,

So I've gotten a quote back for what I think are going to be my final system specs. Just wondering about your thoughts. You can see the quote <A HREF="http://emorgoch.no-ip.com/downloads/CompQuote.pdf" target="_new">here</A>

G

didnt work for me...
But you've done your homerwork :wink: should be fine!
hehe

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Once I get the system running and stable, I'm hoping to get into it a little bit at a time. So far I've read that you can get the 4200+ up to 2.5GHz on wtock cooling with no problems, so I'll shoot for that first. Then once budget expands again, up the HSF and take it a little farther. Point will remain that when I game, I want my system to be GPU limited, not CPU (though I still want the multi-tasking abilities of the 4200+)

RichPLS

Champion
Is that a BFG or BFX brand card?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I'm pretty impressed with the prices he has provided for you. I have looked into a few of my regular sites and they are very competitive. They might be getting some business from me in the soon future.

He does seem to overshoot competitors prices on some things, like the RAM, HDD, and the case. But I think that he more than makes up with it in the deal he is giving for the X2, 7800 and the mobo. So all in all looks like a good system at a good price... I'm a little bit concerned about the SLi DFI mobo being listed as "not released in Canada" that is total bullsh1t, I have seen it on shelves at my local dealer.

<b><font color=red>Go date P4man or something, bye!</font color=red><b>

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
o just to tell ya, don't install the Nvida firewall and the Ntune software that comes bundled with DFI mobo. I founded out that although NF4 supports DFI don't, some say that IDE controller driver is also a bad thing, not sure though. The Ntune and firewall caused lots of BSOD in my system...

AMD A64 3200+Venice
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 3-3-3-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 3/10
WIndows XP SP2
No OC

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Ya, I'm not too picky about the DVD burner right now. All I use DVDs for are to burn seasons of shows I download to clear up some disk space. I'll be more concerned with them when I'm looking for an HD-DVD burner (whether it be BlueRay or HD-DVD).

Lancer, I read about your problems, and must say that I'm a little confused with them. Haven't seen any other reports of this in my limited google searching. But I'll do a ghost image of my machine before I toss them in, just in case.

Oh, as for the DFI, I was also a little curious about the Not released in Canada part as well, as I can go to Canada Computers tomorrow and pick one up if I wanted. However, with the RAM going to take as long as it will, combined with the fact that the system is quoted about $100 less than anywhere else, I'll let it slide.