Tech: Help Gottlieb Rack-a-ball adds credits during during..

I am trying to help a local guy out with his Gottlieb Rack-a-ball.
Everything works great except for the fact whenever a rollover switch
is closed the game will add a credit. Any Ideas. Thanks in advance.

Chad

Check the replay plugs in the head. You can set the game to give
replays after X number of balls have been racked. Perhaps someone put
all the plugs in making so racking any balls will give a replay. Or
does it give replays even if you cross over a rollover that has already
racked a ball?

Mike

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

I don't think you could ever set it to give a credit on even the first
ball no matter how many plugs you put in.... but not 100% positive.
I'd lean more towards maybe the ball rack counter (there is a counter,
in the head I think, that actually counts the racked balls, the racked
balls are just animation and are not sensed) that may be stuck at a
high position (thus a credit every rollover) and not resetting. Check
that counter and see that it is indeed resetting and advancing during
play.
But.... you said every rollover period, not every LIT rollover. If
it's the former, the stuck counter doesn't sound like it either. Hey
aren't I a big help? >: ()
Frenchy

It's been a while since I've had a RAB so I can't recall if you could
set plugs that low or not. Knowing if it does all rollovers or lit
rollovers would help.

Mike

Not sure. I was at his house a few months ago and it was doing it
quite often. I am going back on Monday to try to fix it. I will let you
know what I find. Thanks for your help. At least I know where to start.

Chad