Sign in with
Your question

Installation problem

Last response: in Windows 7
December 26, 2012 2:14:39 PM

Hello all,

I recently built a new computer specs:

OCZ Technology Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G 120GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD)
Antec KUHLER H2O 620 Water Cooling System
Intel I5 3570k 1155
OCZ Technology 750watt fatal1y
corsair Vengance series 8gb(2sticks) DDR3-1600
LG 14x Internal blu-ray burner
Gigabyte intell Z77 LGA1155 GA-Z77X-D3H

I'm trying to install windows 7 64bit on my new SSD, I am able to get the install going and i am able to find my SSD and i get windows to install the software, it get to the point to where it needs to do a restart and i allow it to restart but when it comes back to the windows screen and i get a pop up box that says "Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation" i click okay and my computer does it again and i get the same results.. and help is appreciated if you need to know more please let me know and i will get back ASAP

More about : installation problem

December 26, 2012 2:18:18 PM

When install gets to the point where you choose the drive to install to, delete all existing partitions on the drive and start from scratch. This should help. Let us know....
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 2:22:39 PM

before you do the windows install check the mb bios and ssd firmware. make sure the bios of the mb is up to date and the firmware of the ssd is up to date. before you run windows installer.
m
l
Related resources
December 26, 2012 2:26:58 PM

I have erased all partitions and i tried again same thing. When it restarts i can see my computer turn off but my power supply light is still on so its not like its completely turning off. On a side not i have my computer hooked up to my 37" LCD TV thru HDMI and every now and then it flickers, i think this is due to a bad resolution setting( just wanted to add this in case this may be something else) i have tried taking one of my ram sticks out and the same thing.
m
l
December 26, 2012 2:29:45 PM

My MoBo revision is F15 and i will need to look into my SSD firmware
m
l
!