opinions on a bally circus E/M?

hi, i have a chance at an early 70's bally circus E/M pin. i saw some
pics via google, to me the theme, art, ect are kind of more suited for
small children. i like the theme and art to be more "edgy" . anyway, its
been in a attic for 20 yrs, i havent seen it yet. any comments on the
game ? is it fun, and full of features, or boring? does it have any
value? i have no idea what to offer, assuming the glass, playfield and
cabinet are nice.

thanks

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

In article <whUYe.30$Aj4.1345@news.uswest.net>, mike hooker <mhooker@optonline.net> wrote:
>hi, i have a chance at an early 70's bally circus E/M pin. i saw some
>pics via google, to me the theme, art, ect are kind of more suited for
>small children. i like the theme and art to be more "edgy" . anyway, its
>been in a attic for 20 yrs, i havent seen it yet. any comments on the
>game ? is it fun, and full of features, or boring? does it have any
>value? i have no idea what to offer, assuming the glass, playfield and
>cabinet are nice.
>
>thanks

Mike,

The backglass on this game is quite attractive, but unfortunately the
gameplay isn't. I've had a few opportunities to play this game, and there's
not much to it. It's the kind of game where if I had the opportunity to buy a
*really* nice one for $100 to $200 I certainly would, but that's about it...

Jeff Giesting

S_T_A_R G_A_Z_E_R Owners List: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/sg.html

My Homepage: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/

Remove the "nospam" from my e-mail address to send me a message.

abc123nospam@iquest.net wrote:
> In article <whUYe.30$Aj4.1345@news.uswest.net>, mike hooker <mhooker@optonline.net> wrote:
> >hi, i have a chance at an early 70's bally circus E/M pin. i saw some
> >pics via google, to me the theme, art, ect are kind of more suited for
> >small children. i like the theme and art to be more "edgy" . anyway, its
> >been in a attic for 20 yrs, i havent seen it yet. any comments on the
> >game ? is it fun, and full of features, or boring? does it have any
> >value? i have no idea what to offer, assuming the glass, playfield and
> >cabinet are nice.
> >
> >thanks
>
> Mike,
>
> The backglass on this game is quite attractive, but unfortunately the
> gameplay isn't. I've had a few opportunities to play this game, and there's
> not much to it. It's the kind of game where if I had the opportunity to buy a
> *really* nice one for $100 to $200 I certainly would, but that's about it...
> I have a very nice circusgame that the cabnet is shoot, any one got a good cabnet?
> Jeff Giesting
>

> S_T_A_R G_A_Z_E_R Owners List: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/sg.html
>
> My Homepage: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/
>
> Remove the "nospam" from my e-mail address to send me a message.

I'll be the first to admit... there's not a whole lot too the game. I
had one for a while that was in pretty good shape. Kinda wish I hadn't
traded it. There are two games I miss from my days gone by that I wish
I still had. My Bally Circus and White Water.

It's not fancy, I won't say it's not fun, but it's not enthralling by
any means. But what it was to me was pinball meditation. You could
turn it on, play a game and not really pay any attention to what it was
doing. just kinda stand there and bat the ball around. You didn't
really have to think about the game. You could just get lost in the
wonderful EM sounds. It was kinda like when you're shopping for
perfume for your wife and they have you sniff a can of coffee grounds
between perfumes to "cleanse your pallete".

I suppose a lot of EM's could do this for you, but I've had a couple
different EM's and none of the ones I've ever played were quite this
way.

MitchelWB

I agree with the above post.
If you want to find an inexpensive, fun Bally EM keep your eyes open
for a Bow and Arrow, a much better example from around that era on my
opinion.
Bob

Is the Gottlieb Circus System 1? Maybe there's more than one and I'm
just not privy to it, but the wide body Gottlieb circus with the great
artwork is a Sys 80.

MitchelWB

You might want to try a Gottlieb System 1 Circus, it blows Bally Circus
away!

--
"The_Black_Knight"

The Washington State Pinball Stronghold
"A Fortress Protecting the Silver Ball"

www.geocities.com/pinball_jack

"mike hooker" <mhooker@optonline.net> wrote in message
> hi, i have a chance at an early 70's bally circus E/M pin. i saw some
> pics via google, to me the theme, art, ect are kind of more suited for
> small children. i like the theme and art to be more "edgy" . anyway, its
> been in a attic for 20 yrs, i havent seen it yet. any comments on the
> game ? is it fun, and full of features, or boring? does it have any
> value? i have no idea what to offer, assuming the glass, playfield and
> cabinet are nice.
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

True. Better art. Wider playfield. pretty flashy for it's time.

--
Josh
http://www.pingeek.com