MN-700 not broadcasting wireless signal???

Well...last night my MN-700 seemed to stop broadcasting
its wireless signal. I'm using the MN-700 to wirelessly
route to an MN-720 notebook card and an MN-730 desktop
card. The three have worked nearly flawlessly for about 6
months.

Last night, it seems that the two wireless adapters no
longer "see" the router's signal. The notebook
card's "link" light just blinks. The router's wireless
light is steady.

I checked my modem by connecting it directly to my
laptop...and was surfing in seconds. However, when I
connect the modem through the router, the wireless
adapters don't pick up my network.

I installed XP sp2 on the laptop a few weeks ago...no
issues. My desktop is running ME. Like I said, I've had
no issues until last night.

Any ideas what happened?? Thanks!!
6 answers Last reply
More about broadcasting wireless signal

    I think I have a correction. The router seems to be
    broadcasting, but neither adapter is finding it. I set
    the router to broadcast the SSID, but to no avail.

    Both machines are running Norton Anti-virus (not firewall
    or internet security).

    Why is it that all of the sudden won't neither adapater
    can "see" the wireless network?

    I had the same problem over the weekend. Out of the blue, my MN-720
    wireless card stopped seeing the MN-700. I pulled the plug on the MN-700,
    and let it reboot, but that didn't help. I ended up removing the card and
    software, and re-installed. After that, it came right up. I still don't
    know what was the root cause.

    "Zach" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Well...last night my MN-700 seemed to stop broadcasting
    > its wireless signal. I'm using the MN-700 to wirelessly
    > route to an MN-720 notebook card and an MN-730 desktop
    > card. The three have worked nearly flawlessly for about 6
    > months.
    >
    > Last night, it seems that the two wireless adapters no
    > longer "see" the router's signal. The notebook
    > card's "link" light just blinks. The router's wireless
    > light is steady.
    >
    > I checked my modem by connecting it directly to my
    > laptop...and was surfing in seconds. However, when I
    > connect the modem through the router, the wireless
    > adapters don't pick up my network.
    >
    > I installed XP sp2 on the laptop a few weeks ago...no
    > issues. My desktop is running ME. Like I said, I've had
    > no issues until last night.
    >
    > Any ideas what happened?? Thanks!!

    Mike D - Thanks for the reply. I've tried all that. I
    even rolled back SP2 last night...no dice. The MN-720
    just sits there and blinks. It will pick up my neighbor's
    network...it's always picked up hers. Seems to be blind
    to mine though. Weird thing to happen so randomly.

    I find that my MN-700 resets periodically and hence uses
    the default SSID of "MSHOME". Since my client machines
    are all looking for my customized SSID, and broadcast of
    SSID is suppressed, they don't see it. I have to go back
    in (laptop directly wired to base station) and restore
    the customized settings. Then everything works again. By
    the way, my MN-700 is attached to a UPS, so the power
    supply should not be causing the reset. So I still have a
    puzzle as to why the base station periodically resets.

    Have you tried right clicking on the MN-720 wireless icon in the System
    Tray and clicking on repair?

    > Mike D - Thanks for the reply. I've tried all that. I
    > even rolled back SP2 last night...no dice. The MN-720
    > just sits there and blinks. It will pick up my neighbor's
    > network...it's always picked up hers. Seems to be blind
    > to mine though. Weird thing to happen so randomly.

    Christian - yes...I've tried "repair". Thanks for the
    idea, though. I've tried everything Windows and MS has
    suggested so far.

    I've had to move both PCs closer to my router to connect
    to the internet via ethernet. This is turning into a very
    lengthy inconvenience.

    Anybody have any luck?

Routers Wireless Networking