Asus P8H61-MX Ethernet Drivers Missing

braddullz

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
I've recently formatted my hard-drive on my desktop and reverted to Windows 7 from 8, for many reasons, but upon installation I was unable to connect to the internet through a wired connection. I checked 'Device Manager' and discovered that the Ethernet Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller and SM Bus Controller were all missing. Naturally, I went to http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H61MX_USB3/#download and checked for a 64 bit Windows 7 Ethernet Driver, as it was the most important of the missing drivers; and downloaded a Realtek Ethernet Utility V2.0.2.1. I ran the Asus Setup in the folder, and the Utility installed. Having essentially no idea what I was doing, I went back and tried to manually find the drivers, thinking they may have been in the 'WIN7' folder of the .zip I downloaded. With no luck, I uninstalled the old drivers entirely from Device Manager, and restarted to see if Windows would install it correctly. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as I'm a bit stuck here.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thankyou to any answers in advance,
- Brad

braddullz

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
[strike]Thankyou, any ideas on the PCI Controller or SM Bus Controller?[/strike]

Nevermind, found it online, thankyou! :D

nipperjamjnr

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

where did you find it? im looking for it