Asus P8H61-MX Ethernet Drivers Missing

I've recently formatted my hard-drive on my desktop and reverted to Windows 7 from 8, for many reasons, but upon installation I was unable to connect to the internet through a wired connection. I checked 'Device Manager' and discovered that the Ethernet Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller and SM Bus Controller were all missing. Naturally, I went to http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H61MX_USB3/#download and checked for a 64 bit Windows 7 Ethernet Driver, as it was the most important of the missing drivers; and downloaded a Realtek Ethernet Utility V2.0.2.1. I ran the Asus Setup in the folder, and the Utility installed. Having essentially no idea what I was doing, I went back and tried to manually find the drivers, thinking they may have been in the 'WIN7' folder of the .zip I downloaded. With no luck, I uninstalled the old drivers entirely from Device Manager, and restarted to see if Windows would install it correctly. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as I'm a bit stuck here.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thankyou to any answers in advance,
- Brad
3 answers Last reply
More about asus p8h61 ethernet drivers missing
  1. You need to download the Realtek LAN driver, it's located directly below the Realtek Ethernet Utility download
  2. Thankyou, any ideas on the PCI Controller or SM Bus Controller?

Nevermind, found it online, thankyou! :D
  3. braddullz said:
    Thankyou, any ideas on the PCI Controller or SM Bus Controller?

Nevermind, found it online, thankyou! :D

where did you find it? im looking for it
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Ethernet Card Windows 7