Flashing bios from windows

evilpotato

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2005
How do you flash the bios from windows? i download from the asus site a file extension .rom . It also explained on the site that you have to flash from dos. You need a floppy, which i dont, and running xp i alson dont ahve DOS......

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Assuming its an AWD ROM, you must create a bootable floppy disk for the ROM update.

NEVER trust your rom updates through the hands of Micro$haft.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
I have tried once, and did not succeed...
Unless you are sure of what you are doing, (not me) use a DOS boot disk the tried and true flash method.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

I use a windows flashing tool from MSI - It works a charm, so much easier than bootable crappy floppy disks.

You have to download the Asus Flash program that works within Windows... can't remember the name off the top of my head right now. I have successfully updated many boards from within Windows.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS