Windows update not working

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
My windows updater was working fine the other day, now it is not working at all and I cannot figure out why. Can anyone help me?

Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor: Intel(R) core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 2.83GHz
Installed memory: 16 GB
System type: 64-bit OS

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I really appreciate all the commentary. What I finally did was contact MicroSoft customer support and we discovered I had a corrupted Update folder.

Yes, my copy of Ultimate is authentic, activated and verified by MicroSoft and no I do not have any malware or viruses on my system.

After about an hour long chat session with a cmd verification and such, we got the folder replaced with a new one and updated the software function. The technician was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Very patient and answered all my questions. Great customer support for a change.

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
The technician renamed the updater folder *.old (not sure off hand the exact name of the folder) and then redid the update program to create a new folder which in turn allowed the program to start working again.

Nirfolis

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I had the same problem after changing out my hard drive and reinstalling windows 7 64 bit. I installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers and that cured the problem (I had to restart after installation)

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Thanks for your response. I have gotten this issue fixed and have not had any further problems. I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first dealing with the technician from them, but he did such a good job and was so very patient with me that I was completely satisfied with his ability and help.

Solved the problem. Yea!!!