Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My DSL moden shuts off when my PC enters slep mode.

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
December 26, 2012 7:05:17 PM

Please help me my new windows 7 PC will shut my DSL modem off when it enters sleep mode. This is a real problem due to that it effects all of my other wireless components
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 7:07:42 PM

How is the DSL modem connected? (USB, Wired Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet, etc)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 7:10:19 PM

Is it plugged in a master-slave outlet?
m
l
December 26, 2012 10:03:55 PM

ronintexas said:
How is the DSL modem connected? (USB, Wired Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet, etc)

thanks for helping. I am using a wired Ethernet connection. I am using a Adsl router that is wired to a wireless router and from there is wired into my pc.
m
l
December 26, 2012 10:08:25 PM

posborne said:
thanks for helping. I am using a wired Ethernet connection to the PC.

If the DSL modem is directly connected to the PC via ethernet, why does it matter if it shuts off?
m
l
December 27, 2012 1:48:55 AM

herdnerfer said:
If the DSL modem is directly connected to the PC via ethernet, why does it matter if it shuts off?

because when my modem shuts off I lose the use of wi fi in the house.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 3:10:39 AM

posborne said:
because when my modem shuts off I lose the use of wi fi in the house.

How is the computer and router and DSL modem getting power? Through a surge-protector or battery backup?

Have you changed the way things are configured recently?

Try unplugging the router from wherever it's currently plugged in and move it to a standard wall outlet and see if the issue continues.
December 29, 2012 11:43:24 AM

Best answer selected by posborne.
m
l
December 29, 2012 11:44:45 AM

hedwar2011 said:
How is the computer and router and DSL modem getting power? Through a surge-protector or battery backup?

Have you changed the way things are configured recently?

Try unplugging the router from wherever it's currently plugged in and move it to a standard wall outlet and see if the issue continues.

thanks for the help. removing the router from the surge protector took care of the problem.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 30, 2012 1:18:22 AM

posborne said:
thanks for the help. removing the router from the surge protector took care of the problem.

Not a problem :) 

Alot of surge protectors do this as a fail safe to prevent over voltage or to save energy when not being used.
m
l
!